This blog is called The Journey of Parenthood, so you better believe I’m gonna be talking about parenting!
We have been blessed with four wonderful, unique children. It has been such a joy to see them each develop their own personalities and character traits. We share a special bond with each child as an individual and it’s my goal as their mother to make sure they always know I love and support them unconditionally. I aim to parent them in the ways that best fit their personal needs and to raise them to be well-rounded, happy adults!
But there are so many facets to the parenting journey, and I’m still learning new things every day! Here are the major parenting-related categories that you’ll find on this blog:
Babywise is a sleep training technique from the book On Becoming Baby Wise by Gary Ezzo and Robert Bucknam. It’s a fantastic parenting tool that we’ve used on all four of our babies with great success!
Check out all my Babywise posts here
My Most Popular Babywise Posts:
Birth-Six Month Babywise Schedules
Can I Do Babywise and Formula Feed?
Babywise Schedules: Birth-12 Months
Dealing With 4-Month Sleep Regression
Dealing With the 45-Minute Intruder
Buy the Book Here:
In 2016, we made the decision to embark on an adoption journey and complete Team Parker with our second son, Spear. Along the way, we learned a TON about the adoption process, and I’ve shared what I learned through a collection of posts that address a variety of adoption-related questions.
I also chronicled our personal adoption journey from when we first made the decision all the way to when Spear’s adoption was finalized (and beyond)!
See all of my adoption posts here
Read about our adoption journey here
My Most Popular Adoption Posts
- Why We Don’t Consider Gotcha Day Offensive
- Christian Adoption Consultants Review
- Our Adoption Journey Two Years Later
- The Difference Between Fostering and Fostering to Adopt
- The Positive and Negative Aspects of Open Adoption
- Explaining Adoption to Kids
- Announcing Our Plans to Adopt
- Adoption Concerns: What About Medical History
- Gift Ideas for the Expectant Mother From the Adoptive Family
- When to Tell Your Child They Are Adopted
Pregnancy & Delivery
For expecting parents or couples trying for a baby, you might want to start at the very beginning: pregnancy and delivery! I detailed my journeys with each of our children’s pregnancies and wrote some posts with helpful tips and advice on what to expect… when you’re expecting!
See all of my Pregnancy & Delivery posts here
Check out these posts to get started:
- Reasons to Keep Baby’s Gender a Surprise at Birth
- Ultimate Baby Registry Guide
- Must-Have Items for a New Baby
- Our Birth Plan
- Trying to Conceive a Girl
- Tips for Trying to Conceive
- 14 Must-Haves During Pregnancy
What’s a huge part of parenting that a lot of people forget to mention? Feeding! You have to feed your babies, you have to feed your children, and hey, even you and your spouse have to eat sometime, too! In this section, you’ll find helpful posts on feeding, from breastfeeding, to formula feeding, to weaning to solids, to family meal plans!
Check out all the Feeding posts here!
Check out these posts to get started:
- The Best Baby-Led Weaning Book
- The Advantage For Buying Lunch at School
- The Best Items for Baby-Led Weaning
- 5 Tips for Increasing Supply While Breastfeeding
- Vegetables for Kids: The Best Tips to Get Kids to Eat Vegetables
- 30 First Foods Using Baby-Led Weaning
- The Real Pros and Cons of Breastfeeding vs Bottle-Feeding
- Peanut-Free Lunch Box Ideas
- My Favorite Breastfeeding Supplies
- Pumping, Storing, and Using Breast Milk
- Weaning From the Pacifier
All other parenting posts, from parenting older children to navigating motherhood to teaching safety, falls under this category. You will also find monthly summaries for all four of our children from birth through the toddler years!
See my top General Parenting posts here
See all Discipline & Training posts here