I work with several companies and links to any products within posts are affiliate.
This is Britt’s summary from June:
Britt has become such a little book worm and it’s adorable. I will often have to tell her to go sit in her bed during the day due to her emotional outbursts. She will go sit in her bed and start reading some books from her shelf and totally calm down and gather herself. It’s a great opportunity for her to get away from whatever emotionally charged situation she was dealing with (usually something along the lines of wanting to destroy whatever toys Kye has set up).
She is also starting to take more of an interest in drawing and writing cards for us
I don’t know if this is a common thing but I’ve seen that both of my girls will occasionally have blood spots in their ears? Like from picking at them? I think they may do it in their sleep as I’ve never seen them do it while awake. Britt did it bad enough where she had a big blood spot inside her ear which freaked me out a little!
Britt is not a lover of food. She pretty much complains about anything and everything we give her to eat. Except corn. Child LIVES for corn!
Kye is not very imaginative. But Britt is so creative that way and is always making up stories and being silly. It’s not surprising that she’s my first child to “play” with her food. She is constantly telling us what her food looks like (here it looks like a “dinosaur”) and making her food talk. It doesn’t really bother me? Usually she just quietly mumbles whatever her food is saying. Usually it’s a storyline involving the parents of the food being eaten 😉
Sweet girl picked flowers for her mommy!
For Christmas Britt got a play makeup set and I’ve kept it in her closet. Wellllll….she found it and took it upon herself to play in it one day while she was alone in her room. At least she knew the pink eye shadow goes in the eye area? Haha!
My accessory loving girl 🙂
Speaking of accessories….these shoes have been Britt’s FAVORITE for quite sometime now. I found them through Disney on mega clearance and they are “Snow White” shoes. Britt adores them. She wore them to Disney on her first visit (in Jan 2014) and showed them to every single character/princess we met. She wears them around the house all the time and always asks to wear them when we go and do things. They have been too little for her for awhile now. But she keeps somehow squeezing her toes in and making it work. Finally this month she said they hurt and she was ready to pack them away. We will miss you Snow White shoes!
I went shopping this month and came home with my new purchases. Zach cares about what I buy from Gap just about as much as I care to hear about every detail of every hole of golf he plays with his dad each week 😉 We just don’t appreciate that joy the other gets from those things! Kye, of course, also doesn’t care about my purchases. But MAN I was PUMPED when I showed Britt what I bought. Instant self esteem booster. She got SO EXCITED and it made my shopping trip even more fun to get home and have her be so thrilled. Everything I pulled out was like Christmas morning to her and she kept saying “oh so pretty!” and “I love it!” She was giddy with excitement and so was I haha!
Britt loves to get dressed and to accessorize and to find the perfectly coordinating shoe. She loves to ask our opinions on what she’s wearing and loves to look at herself in the mirror. She constantly says how pretty she is and compliments others on how pretty/handsome we all look. She is the first to notice when we change our looks in anyway and is always so complimentary. I hope she ALWAYS has the confidence she has now. I hope I can foster that within her and that the world won’t steal it away. She IS beautiful she IS special and she should feel that way! I want her to always smile the way she does now whenever she sees herself in the mirror. Watching her I’m filled with envy as I know how harsh and judgmental our world is and how quickly it can change how we view ourselves. I know when I look at myself in the mirror I don’t think “I’m so pretty” the way Britt does when she looks at herself. I admire her confidence and am blessed with a beautiful daughter: inside and out 🙂
Britt’s emotions can change in a second…first she’s happy as can be in the bath….
and then she becomes a sobbing crying mess and gets her sister going with her! Ha! I sent Zach this pic to show him how well my solo night with the kids was going one night haha!
Britt has always adored Kye. I’d say at this point she still very much always wants to be around him and do whatever he’s doing but I’m not sure if it’s because she does adore him or because she enjoys annoying him? I think it’s a VERY common little sister thing and I know it’s a path they have to figure out for themselves. For now when they bicker I just have them both separate and sit in silence. I want them to learn to work things out on their own and to have fun together and feel by just equally punishing them both by isolating them that it will help them learn that life is more fun together and that they need to be a team! My brother and I were always a team and I do think having divorced parents had a lot to do with that. We relied on each other and were bonded together through our parents separating. Kye and Britt need to find their path to come together because their parents aren’t going to be divorcing anytime soon!
Britt is wanting to learn to play checkers since it’s Kye’s favorite 🙂
Kye took this of us 🙂
More From Britt This Month:
- Britt is very particular about the cleanliness of her room. She wants her bed perfectly made, nothing on her dressers, and all her drawers shut before she goes to sleep. She sleeps on top of her covers most of the time to avoid messing them up!
- She doesn’t sleep with Mimi anymore (her comfort object) and hasn’t really ever been attached to her (I think that’s due to her finger sucking preference). She chooses to sleep with Donald and Daisy but then doesn’t actually sleep with them either! She just puts them on top of her headboard
- When I tuck her in I say I love her from the top of her head alllll the way down to her toes and from her toes allll the way up to her head. She LOVES it. She’s my physical touch baby and loves these tickles over me singing a song like I do for Kye and Tess
- “Iris” is her favorite song. It’s one that Zach and I consider to be one of our songs and Britt LOVES it
- Anytime Britt gets hurt she says “it’s really bleeding” even though it never is actually bleeding
- She often asks “Is it tomorrow today?”
- She is SOOOOO sweet to others. Like adorably sweet ALL the time to everyone else but man she will show that uglier side of her personality to us at home. Which is a difficult thing to parent and work on with her, but we are getting there
- I am working a lot with her in talking about Satan and how we don’t want to let Satan win and how he temps us and tries to mess us up and get us to sin. I’m really trying to help her understand the heart and talk a lot about good (God) vs bad (Satan) in hopes of helping her to want to choose God and his goodness
- She is OBSESSED with Uncle Jordan. When I ask her why she just says “because he is my favorite!”
- Her favorite game is the quiet game. I know right? You would NEVER guess that haha but she loves it and constantly wants to play it.
- We are FINALLY at a point where there are a LOT less spankings being needed for Britt!!! She’s getting more and more obedient and easier and easier to parent. I know we’re a long way from the laid back time with her but I see a lot of improvements and a great reminder for us to keep being consistent!
- I’m so thankful to be Britt’s mom. She is so silly and sweet and constantly making others smile when they are around her. I love our cuddle times and hearing her crazy, creative stories. She has so many layers to her personality and is always surprising us!
Videos from this Month:
- Britt saying prayers (I LOVE the way she says “Lord”)
- Britt asks a lot how to spell things when she writes…
More pics of my precious girl! She is so special to me 🙂
Rate This Post:
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!