All about Britt from June!
Mommy/Daddy Time: I can think of VERY few times when Zach and I have gotten to spend time together alone with JUST Britt? We take dates with each kid pretty often, but rarely do we get the chance to be the two of us with just one child. Kye went to spend the night with Aunt Karen so Zach and I enjoyed our sweet girl! It was crazy how EASY she was when it was just her! We often think of Britt as our spirited “tougher” child…especially in this two year old phase of life. But when it was just her by herself with us? She was awesome!
Britt and I went on a fun golf cart ride around the neighborhood while Zach made her dinner!
She wanted to rock her sunglasses during her dinner 😉
After dinner we went to McDonald’s! They had a great special on 49 cent ice cream cones so we thought it’d be a fun special treat for the three of us to enjoy 🙂
Kye stayed at Aunt Karen’s through nap time the next day so we woke up with Britt and were able to shower her with more undivided attention. We made cookies for Casey and Jordan…
and had a picnic/pool lunch!
Potty Update: Britt has now been day potty trained for about a year. She still wears diapers at naps and nighttime and for a long time was not really pooping in the potty. She’d wait and always poop in her diaper during those sleep times. It ended up being a SUPER easy fix! I started rewarding her with a fruit snack every time she went poop in the potty. It took literally only a week or less and she stopped going poop in her diapers. I used the same approach with getting her to stay dry and clean for naps and nights. We noticed her diapers were typically barely wet at all so we started rewarding her for staying dry and clean when sleeping! Again, it didn’t take long at all! We had her sleep in panties with pull ups over them just in case and she rarely had any accidents. Currently she’s just in panties and it’s been an EASY transition! She had her first nap in her panties on 6/8, slept from 1-445 and stayed dry! Her first night dry was on 6-/10!
Fun With Mommy: While Kye had golf camp, Britt and I found ways to entertain ourselves! One day we went into Hobby Lobby and did some fun shopping cart rides haha. Normally I would NOT allow my kid to ride on the outside of the cart…but it sure was fun 😉
When Kye had his art class I took Britt to McDonald’s (yes again, and yes we got the ice cream deal again too!) and she had fun with her special treat cone!
Drinks Like Mommy: Britt ALWAYS wants to drink water…but especially my water. She often can be found getting my cup off the counter and taking sips. For a long time I tried to limit the water sharing situation but now have just given into it. I mean it’s much easier than making her a cup for herself and I don’t have to worry about her losing the cup, spilling the cup, or sitting the cup down and leaving a ring. She takes an occasional sip from mine and it good to go!
Kye also got Britt a water bottle when he was with Aunt Karen and I filled it up for her with water. She came up to me and said “I gotta drink my Spark!” haha I think it’s safe to say she knows Mama loves her Spark huh?!?!
Little Mommy: Britt is such a huge helper! She truly loves being just like mommy in all that I do. I’ve been very busy cooking lots of meals to save for when the baby arrives and she insists on helping each time. She loves to help pour!
Now that Carter is here Britt has also become way more into her baby dolls. She is SUCH a good mommy with them. Each baby doll has it’s specific blanket and she always makes sure they have their blanket on at all times. She loves to line them all up and have them go night-night.
She also loves to rock the babies and will sing “rock a by baby” while she rocks them!
Writing: Britt is getting better and better with her patience and writing skills. She enjoys drawing. She is still in the scribble stage with her skills but I’m glad she enjoys it!
Britt always asks “how do you draw a B?” Here’s a video!
She is SO excited for school and for her turn to have pics with her school work 🙂
Some of her own artwork to show off!
Lines: I vividly remember Kye going through this same stage where he just wanted to put everything in a line all the time. Britt loves to make lines of toys and gets upset if they get messed up!
Cereal: Britt LOVES getting to eat her cereal with milk! She is my MESSY eater but, surprisingly, does very well with the milk and cereal combo!
More from this month:
- Britt has entered the “why” age where she asks why about everything. I try hard to always give an explanation but whew, it’s exhausting sometimes!
- Britt always says prayers at meals, even though Kye does too. Here’s a video of her prayers
- She is MEGA obsessed with having pockets. She loves them and always comments when people have pockets on their shirts
- Kye went potty outside after swimming so Britt ran over next to him and went too 😉
- She was in bed one day and I saw her on the monitor trying to fix her bed sheets. She kept saying “it’s stuck! it’s stuck!” and then she randomly said “this is ridiculous!”
- Britt is very much a Parker in that she LOVES attention. At Zach’s parents house it’s like legit battles for the attention! Everyone is loud and always talking over each other (I learned you have to interrupt or else you’ll never get to speak haha). Britt is for sure a Parker in that way as she ALWAYS wants the attention on her. If we are all talking at dinner she will say “Guys! Guys! Slow down. Slow downnnn” so we all stop talking and look at her
- It’s interesting to me how Britt is girly in so many ways. It’s truly a nature and not nurture thing. I keep a chapstick by my bed and she ALWAYS comes in my room and says she needs it and puts it on. It’s like she already knows about lipstick!
- I love this video of Britt saying that she loves Mommy so much!
- In my nesting mode I did a lot of organizing this month and found a cart my aunt and uncle had sent to me when Britt was born. She became in love with it and carries it around the house opening and closing it singing the song over and over! Here’s a video!
- She’s been doing awesome with staying dry and clean at naps and nights. One day after nap I went in to get her and asked if she was dry and clean and she said “just a little bit of tee tee. just a little bit” and then when I went to check her she said “just kidding!”
- She now has in ALL of her baby teeth! No more teething for us!
- We started doing a special Mommy/Britt kiss when I tuck her in. We do an “eye kiss” where we touch eye lashes, then a “nose kiss” where we rub noses, and then we end with a “lip kiss” where we kiss like normal 🙂 It’s sweet to have something special just for us!
- Britt LOVES to sing! One of her favorite’s is “Once Upon A Dream” enjoy her messy marker self singing in this video 😉
- This video of Britt seeing Carter is just too cute not to include again in this post 😉