Links to Amazon are affiliate links.
I can’t believe that in six weeks I’ll be a MOM! It’s so exciting! What is even crazier is that sometime during this week while Courtney was pregnant that she delivered Colt. It’s hard to believe that if I did go into labor that little Clover could be 100% fine! Hopefully that won’t happen but still it’s neat to think about that!
When Mom brought me my baby album to pick out a baby picture of me for Clover’s room I noticed a couple pictures of her from her eighth month of pregnancy. I saved them to put up here as a comparison once I got to the eighth month marker! Do we even compare? No! She looks awesome and so so so tan. It makes me wish it was summer right now so I could be that tan, but then again who wants to be pregnant through a Valdosta summer (especially when I don’t have access to a pool)?
I had my 34 week check-up this morning. It’s only the second time Zach couldn’t be with me at the doctor (he’s in Atlanta for the night on business). And it was the FIRST time that I didn’t have a single question for Stacy! She was pretty shocked but I told her I feel like Zach and I are pros at being pregnant…we need help one what to do once Clover gets here!
The appointment went great though, heartbeat sounded good. I go back in two weeks for an internal exam and some blood work (Zach HAS to go with me for that one!) then I start going every week after that! Let the countdown to Clover begin 🙂
Here are some changes I’ve been noticing over the past couple of weeks:
- Skin: It has really gotten a lot clearer, it could be because of the facial last week but I’d like to think it’s just a blessing during the third trimester. Of course now that I’ve said it looks good it’ll probably turn crappy!
- Swelling: My feet still look pretty normal. I can no longer wear my wedding band (we realized it’s a 1/2 size smaller than my engagement ring, something we need to fix once I’m done being pregnant) and sometimes even my engagement ring has a tough time coming off. The worst thing? My face has started to swell some! Gah the ONE thing I didn’t want to happen! I was told to drink at least 70 oz of water a day and it really is working, I have been doing it about a week and already notice that it’s gone down some! 🙂
- Belly Button: It’s officially an outie and I LOVE how you can see it through my shirt when I wear something tight fitting. It just screams pregnancy to me 🙂
- Size: The belly is much bigger now, obviously, but what is funny is how I forget that it’s this big. I have hit my stomach on so many things! At Walmart the other night I was standing at the end while the girl rang us up and when she pushed the bag holder thing to get a new bag the metal part stabbed my stomach because I was standing too close and didn’t realize it! I also have a hard time scooting my chair up places to let people by…it just doesn’t fit under a table anymore haha.
- Boobs: I mentioned in an earlier bra that I was going to order a 36F because that is what the last girl who measured me told me to get. Well I ordered it, it came, and I didn’t like it so I sent it back and this weekend while in Melbourne we stopped by a store and had them measure me again…and guess what? I wear a 38C! She told me to buy a 38D but that the last girl who measured me did it wrong and so that’s why my bra has been so uncomfortable! Grr. Also speaking of the chest area, they are so full of milk! I went to the bathroom the other day while naked and some dripped out onto my stomach! So gross but funny too. And the right one is significantly bigger than the left (I guess because it is fuller)
- Veins: My veins are a lot darker and more noticeable. Not just on my stomach and chest but other places as well such as my arms! Random. Also I have a dark vein above my belly button…it could be that line that some pregnant women get but it’s kind of crooked so I think it’s just a vein.
- Comments: It may have taken 8 months but I am FINALLY having people make comments about my pregnancy! I have gotten asked how far along I am a couple times which made me feel good. What makes me feel even better is when I tell them and they say “wow you look great!” I have had one random act of kindness while in Gatlinburg on the skyline thing a lady told a little boy to get up to let me sit down 🙂
- Movement: Clover isn’t as “active” as far as kicking and such but I know that’s because she/he is too big to move much in there! However you can look at my stomach and tell where the baby is laying. Sometimes my stomach will look HUGE on the left side and not equal on the right! It’s so funny! Also Clover does get the hiccups often and it feels like a little light flip-flop feeling in my lower stomach. It makes me feel good because that means the head is still low like we want it to be 🙂
- Weight: I weighed myself before going to the dr this morning and I’ve gained 29 pounds…not to great especially with so much time left to go. However, when I went to the doctor I asked (for the first time) what they have me weighing in at and I have gained LESS by their scale! Only 26 pounds! That made me feel better!!!
- Nesting: I’ve been buying diapers and things we need pretty often (Babysrus has so many deals on diapers all the time!), however I don’t have any nesting urges yet. Zach last night said to me (when adding yet another box of wipes to the nursery closet shelf), “I mean you haven’t even put any diapers in drawers yet…you need to start nesting.” haha! I’m sure that time will come and when it does I want to leave myself plenty of things to do. I have already washed all the baby sheets, diaper changing cover, and what clothes we have.
- Overall feeling: Okay, I know I sound crazy but I actually feel GOOD right now. I like the way I look overall (I think the new hair cut helped!). I feel cute and confident and I think it’s because I’m so big that people can’t help but know it’s a baby that’s causing it. I like looking at my stomach and I do (kinda) think I could (possibly) miss having this stomach size weeks from now…