I work with several companies and links to any products within posts are affiliate.
Britt’s 14th month of life was from Jan 6th through Feb 5th (and yes, just like that I’m caught back up to where I’m typically at! 1 month behind to the day!)
This was a HUGE month for Britt in many areas!!!!
Silverware: One day Kye decided that Britt needed a fork with her breakfast. Since then he has been always giving her a fork with every meal to use. Way to go Big Bro 🙂 While she hasn’t mastered it or anything she does “get it” She understands how it works and what it’s purpose is. Pretty good for a barely toddler, huh?
Most often she holds it in one hand and eats with the other hand 🙂
Accessorizing: Britt may play with her brother’s toys…but she is ALL girl. She LOVES accessorizing! If there is a hat, jewelry, shoes etc nearby she’ll find it and put it on 🙂
She wants to wear necklaces ALL the time!
Big Papa’s glasses! They sent me this pic on my phone one day when they were watching her 😉
WALKING: Yes! Finally!!!! As I mentioned in last month’s post Britt took a couple of steps here and there IF I coaxed her along. But this month she finally walked on her own 🙂 On Jan 1st she went from sitting to standing all on her own (not holding onto anything) AND started walking all on her own 🙂 Yay Britt! Here’s a video of her taking a couple of steps, here is one of her walking with some coaxing and Here’s a video of her LEGIT walking!!!
Seat Free Bath: One night Kye skipped his bath because he and Zach went to a basketball game. I had Britt solo so I figured why not let her enjoy the tub alllll to herself. Literally, this child has bathed with her brother EVERY bath she’s ever taken since she was able to sit up! She had such a great time in the tub, splashing in the water, and having alllll the toys to herself 🙂 Here’s a video of her having a great time!
Phone: Kye has ALWAYS loved to play with little toy phones…well so does Britt. Seriously, the kids bicker over the phones and we have SIX of them. The favorite for them both is a Mickey Mouse phone we got at Disneyworld. They LOVE that thing!!! Here’s a video of her talking on the phone.
Sleep Positions: I’ve noticed that our kids sleep just like we do. Zach and Kye sleep flat on their backs and rarely move. Britt and I sleep on our tummies with our hands tucked on our thighs and we move around like crazy in our sleep. Britt DOES still suck on her fingers but it’s only for the time period when she is first going to bed. It helps her soothe but then she takes them out while actually sleeping.
Snacks Outside: I thought it’d be fun one afternoon to take the kids out back for snack time. Turns out Britt isn’t quite old enough. I think that’s a common issue with the second born…I either baby her too much or I think she’s more advanced than she really is haha! Here’s a video of her ! She loved the concept of being outside but couldn’t grasp the idea of eating the snacks out of the bowl…
She tried crawling around with them in the yard…
And within a few minutes they were all over the ground and eaten by the dogs haha
Play Date: I feel guilty over how LITTLE Britt gets to go and do with her friends. Seriously, I think this was like only the 2nd playdate of her entire life haha. We went to Crissy’s house one afternoon and Kye had a great time with the older kids outside while Britt and Olive played together. I was surprised by how much they actually did interact!!! Maybe this summer when Kye doesn’t have school we’ll have more time to play 🙂 I actually remember Kye LOVING this same toy back in the day at their house too!
Play: Our day is pretty structured but anytime we have a little downtime we spend it PLAYING! Zach was out of town a lot this month with work so I had a lot more toys out than I usually do. It was fun just watching my kids enjoy each other and play together so well!
Britt LOVES to walk and push her little car!
(I love Kye pretending to “crash” behind her haha)
She also loves to take care of her baby
(here’s a video of her feeding her baby…and me…)
And play outside with her car!
(I tried to be SUPER quiet and capture this video of her pressing the button on the car…so funny)
Her favorite spot to play this month was in Kye’s bed. Anytime he was at school she’d rush to his room and ask me to put her in the bed. She was so funny! She’d grab all of his friends and things and play with them all 🙂 Such a rebel 😉
My personal favorite toy is her Fisher Price Disney Princess Castle. Omg. Best toy EVER. It’s very authentic…all the princesses say three different phrases including singing a portion of the main song from their movie. Every area of the castle has different designs to match the different princess films. I LOVE IT. I think I might enjoy it even more than she does? 😉
Britt’s FAV toy BY FAR though is her Cozy Coupe. She liiiives in that thing. She loves to sit in it and have us push her around the house. I’ve started using it to get things done. Instead of being my “hip” baby I can stick her in the car and push the car to where I need to be cleaning, straightening up, or whatever. I make car sounds and say “screech time to park!” then “park it” and do whatever i need to do then drive off again 😉 Works like a charm!!! Allows me to have two free hands to get more done and she’s still happy and content 😉
New Book: I saw on a friend’s facebook page several months ago pictures similar to the ones you’re about to see of my kids. I asked her where she got the book…it’s ADORABLE. It’s call Silly Faces on the Farm and I bought it off Amazon for literally $0.01! The kids LOVE it and we all take turns putting our faces in the spots 😉 I think there are a series of them so I plan to buy more as future gifts for the kids for sure!
Thred Up: My sweet SIL shared with me a link to a newish online store called Thred-Up. It’s basically a “kids sale” consignment shop but ONLINE. SOOOOO addicting!!! I racked up for the kids and got a TON of great quality items for so so cheap. And they accept stuff to sell too AND they are about to be offering women’s clothes! You can get $10 off your first order by shopping through this link 🙂
My Helper: I’m so proud of Britt this month and how much she has turned into a little helper around the house, especially with the laundry! She helps me load the basket and unload it…and may enjoy a little ride in-between 😉
Here’s a video of her helping with the laundry!
She also enjoys wearing the clothes around her neck?
Sitting in Chairs: Britt cannot yet climb up herself to the couch and chairs and such but she LOVES to sit in them. She will ask me to put her up and just simply wants to SIT haha. It’s precious! She’s becoming such a big girl!
“Sick”/Teeth: So this month I thought Britt was sick for the first time in her life. She had a runny nose and a fever of 102 which has never happened to her before. She was SO fussy and just seemed miserable. Of course it happened over a weekend so I waited it out to take her to the dr. I’ve never been to the after hours places and don’t plan to start that anytime soon! She was barely eating anything so I tried to get her to drink one of Kye’s veggie squirt things…no luck. Then I tried to give her some juice (v8 fushion mixed with naked juice green machine mixed with a LOT of water). It was her first time ever drinking juice and she didn’t drink much of it. Finally I realized maybe it wasn’t her being sick…maybe it was teeth. Turns out, I was right! She cut ALL FOUR of her 1 year molars at ONE TIME. Bless her heart!!!! I finally helped her feel better by giving her a gogurt. She loved the coldness and I think it helped a lot! I also gave her Tylenol to help her feel more comfortable and we just let her be spoiled for a little bit. It’s SO hard that she gets so many teeth at once…but it’s also awesome b/c it’s over so quickly! Kye was SUCH a slooooow teether!!!
Peanut Butter: Our family LOVES us some peanut butter. I remember my mom telling me that when I was a baby she’d give it to me on a spoon to help keep me quiet 😉 Times have changed and now we’re told to wait to introduce peanut butter to avoid allergy issues so I waited passed Britt’s 1st birthday before letting her have it. On Jan 7th (one day after she turned 13 months old) I smeared a bit of it on half of her bagel for her at lunch. She LOVED IT!!!! No reactions or anything…which I assumed it’d be fine as none of us have ANY food allergies at all and I ate peanut butter almost daily while pregnant 😉 Here’s a video of her. I love the sound effects in this video too! 😉
7:10: Up for the day, diaper change, breakfast
After Breakfast: Dressed for day, independent playtime in pack and play for 25 min
8:50: story then nap
11:15: Up from nap, Diaper change, independent playtime in pack and play for 25 min while I make lunch
12:00-12:30ish depending on if it’s a school day or not: lunch
12:45: Read stories (hers and Kye’s), say prayers, down for nap
4:00: Up from nap, snack
5:30 or 6: Dinner
After Bath: brush teeth, story (just Britt), say prayers
7:00-7:15: Bed for night
Other Stuff Going on This Month:
- At church we had a wipe to wipe off her nose and she grabbed it from us then started wiping her nose with it.
- She puts her hands on her hips a lot which is so cute and reminds me of myself!
- Her favorite sound is car sounds…she doesn’t do any animal sounds yet but she can do a mean “vrrrroooom”
- She has also become a master at other mouth sounds too…like this video shows…
- I started back giving her a little massage after bath (she’s been too wiggly to attempt it lately) and she LOVES it. She’ll just lay there and especially enjoys me massaging her legs and feet. She giggles and giggles about it. I can see her future husband giving a lot of foot rubs someday!
- When she talks on the phone she actually is “talking” and will hold the phone to my ear for me to talk too
- If I forget to take her bow out of her hair before putting her in the car she will take it out and then continually try to put it back in
- As you may remember from past monthly posts, Britt LOVES to get into the dog treats. This month Kye and I worked on teaching her NOT to eat them and instead to feed them to the dogs. This is such a cute video of her giving the dogs the treats AND cleaning up 🙂
- On Jan 17th she started clapping when her Your Baby Can Read video said “clapping”
- We were out swinging one evening and she was pointing and pointing in the sky and I realized she was pointing to the moon
- Britt loves doing anything her brother does…including playing back up in his band 😉 Here’s a video!
- I have always thought it’s funny how Stevie and Neela (Crissy’s daughters) like to carry around little toys. It must be a girl thing b/c Britt LOVES to have toys in her hands all the time. When it’s time for nap or bed I tell her to put them down on the dresser. She will put them down but will fuss a bit about it!
- Britt has started doing a GREAT job helping clean up after independent playtime…here’s a video!
- Britt has become a lot more nurturing and loving, especially to her toys. It was so cute watching her kiss and love on Kye’s Goofy! Here’s a video (ignore Kye wanting his Goofy back…as you can tell I did haha)
- I’ve been working with her about being more vocal and saying words and one day we were “practicing” and I told her to say “I love you” she looked at me, leaned in and gave me a big kiss instead 😉
- We attended night services with her on Sunday night for the first time on Feb 3rd. She did awesome!!!! We also started attending Wed night class. I stay with her during Sunday morning class and Zach stays on Wed nights…it’s a fair trade and our goal is to get her to be able to make it through without us in there with her!
- Britt goes to sleep hyper and wakes up hyper. Child is ON 24/7! Here’s a video of my wild child waking up 🙂
- She’s at that age where transitions are tough for her so I try to be patient and give her time to adjust when we’re switching gears.
You can look back and compare to Britt’s 13th month summary HERE and to Kye’s 14th month summary HERE 🙂 It is CRAZY to me that Kye was only getting his 5th tooth this month while Britt was working on getting teeth 9,10, 11 and 12 😉 SO funny how both of their 14 month summary posts have pictures of them helping put laundry away and talking on their phones. Also neat that they both started walking this month…although Kye was only taking his first steps, while Britt went straight to hardcore walking 😉 Also I can’t imagine Britt being ready for room time already?!?! I can’t believe Kye was already doing it! She’s totally content in the pack and play and I’m NOT in a hurry to change it up. I have read so many articles lately about furniture falling on children that I don’t like the idea of her alone in her room!!! What do yall think about that????