I work with several companies and links to any products within posts are affiliate.
Tess turned 8 months old on March 31st! Using What to Expect the First Year here is where Tess lines up with her milestones for the “norms” of her age!
With it being so close to Easter I couldn’t resist a little extra accessory this month 🙂
At 8 months old Tess is doing everything a baby her age should be able to do including:
- bear some weight on her legs when held upright
- feed self a cracker
- rake with fingers an object and pick it up in fist
- turn in direction of a voice
- look for a dropped object
She is also doing all the things a baby her age will probably be able to do including:
- pass a cube or other object from one hand to the other
- stand holding onto someone or something
- object if you try to take a toy away
- work to get a toy that’s out of reach
- play peekaboo
- get into a sitting position from stomach
The only thing Tess does that a baby her age may possible be able to do is picking up a tiny object with thumb and finger. She cannot yet do any of the following:
- creep or crawl
- pull up to standing position from sitting
- say “mama” or “dada” indisciminately
Tess can also only do one thing that a baby her age may possibly be able to do and that is understand “no” even if she doesn’t always obey it. The things she cannot yet do include:
- play patty-cake (clap hands) or wave bye-bye
- walk holding onto furniture/cruising
- stand alone momentarily
You can compare to Britt’s post here and Kye’s here! That last pic of Britt is SO stinking adorable and really reminds me of Tess! Tess is def a little bit behind her older siblings in the developmental areas. Both Kye and Britt are standing holding onto something in their monthly pics! I’m in NO RUSH for Tess to “catch up.” As long as she’s developing at the appropriate pace for her age, I’m super happy for her to take her time with every milestone. Except saying “mama.” I’m overly ready for her to hit that milestone 😉
Some Bunny loves being 8 months old!
Rate This Post:
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!