Links to Amazon are affiliate links.
I FINALLY found my pregnancy journals from my pregnancy with Kye and wanted to put some of the things from them (yes, I had TWO) in my blog. I know it’s not current stuff, but I want to have it to look back on and thought it’d be fun to try to incorporate things from my pregnancy with him throughout my pregnancy with baby #2! Here goes!
When we found out we were going to be parents 😉
and when I found out about baby #2!
Symptoms I had: lack of appetite, tender breasts, felt very unattractive, started wearing a bella band in week 8, achy legs, tired, pain during sex (and it was embarrassing to ask Stacy about it in front of Zach hahaha), “crazy” acting due to emotions, soreness when active, hunger started to kick back in at week 12, headaches started at week 13, bad skin breakouts, had trouble sleeping, had to pee constantly, nipples were hard and crusty (um gross?), started wearing bras to bed for the first time ever (and haven’t looked back since…i love me a sports bra!), and easily got motion sickness
Foods I enjoyed: ice cream, milk, cinnamon toast crunch, Applebee’s smoothies, hamburgers, choco tacos,
Foods I hated: chicken, anything fried
Concerns I had: life having to slow down when we became a family, being able to put God and Zach before the baby, how to breastfeed, having too many people at the hospital, that my boobs would never go back to normal (news flash: they didn’t!), that I’d have a hard time losing the baby weight (ummm yup!)
First “bump” picture of pregnancy #1 – 10 weeks
11 weeks pregnant with #2!
- I had SO much free time!!! One journal is a daily journal and everyday I was laying out, reading books, watching tv. ALL DAY. Must be nice!
- It’s funny to see how on the fence I was about breastfeeding, I wanted to do both formula and breastfeeding early on
- I’ve felt guilt lately for not cooking…but guess what? I didn’t cook then either b/c I didn’t like food and heck I didn’t have ANYTHING else to do! I don’t feel bad now, that’s for sure.
- Funny to read that I bought pregnancy cookbooks and cooked from them hahaha that ain’t happening again
- I wrote that one of my strengths as a parent would be how good I am at following “rules” – I was a Babywise Mom from the beginning and didn’t even know it 😉
- I’ve been eating strawberries with angel food cake and ice cream lately and guess what? I ate it then too – so random!
- At 12 weeks I had lost 1 1/2 lb total and I started with the same weight I did with this pregnancy
This WHOLE time I’ve thought my symptoms have been different from the first time around….um nope. They are pretty much the SAME. The only real differences this time around are that my clothes all still fit fine, no pain during sex, I’m not (half as…) crazy, I sleep great, I don’t have to pee too often, and my nipples are pretty normal…As far as the food goes I don’t like ice cream very much this time around or beef at all and I do like chicken better. Plus the whole seafood craving thing. So I WOULD say my food preferences have changed, but my symptoms are pretty much the same. Plus I’m starting out better with the weight thing…I lost 4 lbs in the first trimester this time and only gained back 1 so far 😉
After re-reading these journals I am fully convinced that this baby is another boy 😉 My plan this pregnancy was to assume boy the whole time (that way if it is a boy it’ll be what I expected, and if it’s a girl I’ll be mega shocked!) but it was hard to stick to the plan b/c I just felt so strongly that it’s a girl. Now I’m betting Blitzen will be wearing blue 😉 I’m excited to do my post on Friday b/c I also found my What to Expect When You’re Expecting book! I love following along in all those books 🙂