My feet were seriously killing me all day and I kept breaking out in a sweat because I got so hot. In JcPenney I sat in this Homedics Shiatsu massager chair thingy for about 20 min (yes, people did stop and ask me questions about it haha). It felt AWESOME and when I got home I told Zach about it and he said he had thought about getting it for Valentine's Day for me but for me to go ahead and order it since I can use it now! Yay!
After such a long day I really didn't feel like going to the Infant CPR class. Zach has mentioned that this is one class he knows we don't need because we took CPR in college together and learned all about what to do with babies during that, but I wanted to get a refresher. Luckily, it only lasted about 20 minutes and it really did help remind me of what to do if (God forbid) something like that actually happens.
A few new things I learned include:
- If CPR is needed I do it for two minutes, with four sets of 30 chest compressions followed by 2 breaths.
- When pushing down on the chest, I need to allow it to rise fully again before pushing back down.
- If the baby starts breathing again I need to put it on its side incase it vomits.
- The things babies most commonly choke on include: hotdogs, grapes, and cherry tomatoes.
- I should never do a blind sweep (the fish hook method we learned in CPR) if I think the baby is choking because it will push the item further back in their throat. Instead I only do it if I see an object and if that happens I tilt the baby's head to the side and sweep with my little pinky finger.
- We need to tie up all the blind cords so the baby won't accidently get caught up with them and we need to be very careful about the dog food on the floor because once Clover is crawling she said babies love to eat dog food!
- To prevent sids Clover's room should be kept between 72-76 degrees
Zach and I are both more excited about the classes next week than we were this one. Even though they are 2 hours long on two nights in a row (so 4 hours total!) we will get a lot more out of them because they are the Prepared Childbirth Classes which covers labor and delivery! Should probably make me good and scared about what is going to happen to me in the near future!