I work with several companies and links to any products within posts are affiliate.
Tess turned 10 months old on May 31st. Monthly pics are nottttt easy anymore. She’s so active and just into everything that getting her to sit still on the chair is a chore and then trying for a smile? Yeah. Right. It took four of us to finally get a few cute ones this month!
Using What to Expect the First Year
here is where Tess is in her development compared to other babies around her same age:
I have like 50 pics of this face haha
Standing works out much better but then you can’t see the sticker!
At 10 months old Tess can do everything a baby her age should be able to do including:
- stand holding on to someone or something
- pull up to the standing position from sitting
- object if you try to take a toy away
- say “mama” or “dada” indiscriminately (sadly, it’s ALWAYS dada…no MAMA yet!)
- play peekaboo
- exchange back and forth gestures with you
Tess can do most of the things a 10 month old will probably be able to do including:
- get into a sitting position from stomach
- wave bye-bye
- pick up a tiny object with any part of thumb and finger
- understand “no” (but not always obey it)
She is not yet cruising and doesn’t fully “clap” but will bring her hands together in an attempt at it!
Favorite book…she loves kitties!
She cannot do any of the things a baby her age may possibly be able to do (so random?) including:
- stand alone momentarily
- say “dada” or “mama” discriminately
- point to something to get needs met
She can, however, do many of the things that a baby her age may even be able to do including:
- indicates wants in ways other than crying
- play ball (roll ball)
- drink from cup independently
- pick up a tiny object neatly with tips of thumb and forefinger
- say one word other than “mama” and “dada”
- respond to a one-step command (such as “give that to me” with one hand)
- use immature jargoning (gibberish sounds as if baby is talking in a foreign language)
Things she can’t yet do in the may even be able to do category include:
- stand alone well
- walk well