I work with several companies and links to any products within posts are affiliate.
At 8 months old Spear is doing everything a baby his age should be able to do including:
- bear some weight on legs when held upright
- feed self a cracker (we haven’t given him a cracker but solids count)
- take with fingers an object and pick it up in fist
- turn in the direction of a voice
- look for a dropped object
Spear is also doing everything a baby his age will probably be able to do including:
- pass a cube or other object from one hand to the other
- stand holding on to someone or something
- object if you try to take a toy away
- work to get a toy that’s out of reach
- play peekaboo
- get into a sitting position from stomach (YAY!)
Spear is doing some of the things an 8 month old may possibly be able to do including:
- creep or crawl (yay!)
- pick up tiny object with any part of thumb and finger
He cannot yet:
- pull up to standing position from sitting
- say “mama” or “dada” indiscriminately
A real life look at taking the “cute monthly photos”
Spear is not quite doing any of the things that a baby his age may even be able to do including:
- play patty-cake (clap hands) or wave bye-bye (he’s close!)
- walk holding onto furniture
- stand alone momentarily
- understand “no” (but not always obey it)
Wanting more about parenting? Be sure to follow me on Pinterest for TONS of mommy related content!
Rate This Post:
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!