Here is everything going on with Kye during November. Fair warning: I didn’t take a ton of pics or videos during Nov and Dec. Hello freshly pregnant mama…welcome to the world of pure exhaustion 😉
Writing: Kye is getting SO good at his writing!!! He writes all kinds of things on his own. He enjoys copying other words and enjoys asking me to spell out words for him to write. Here’s a few examples from this month:
Copying the program during church
I really look up to Kye in two major ways: his servant heart and his joy in helping others. He truly seeks for ways to bring others happiness and enjoys serving when he can. It is an AWESOME thing and something I really admire! A boy in his class was absent because his grandfather had passed away and Kye asked me if he could write him a letter and give him a piece of candy. He told me all the words he wanted to say and all I did was spell them for him! Isn’t that precious??? I also love that Kye puts his name on the top of EVERYTHING haha!
Later that month he got to go to the boys birthday party and was so excited! He wrote out the card for the gift (which I totally think I’m going to have him do from now on) and Zach took him to the party while I was at a baby shower (and I heard it was an AMAZING party!)
Site Words: Kye was given a list of site words to learn during this school year. I’ve made flashcards with them all but it’s tough to sit down and really work on them! The school recommended downloading site words apps on the ipad for practice at home. Yall may know that I’m kinda hardcore about limiting screen time. My kids are NEVER allowed to play with our phones. They have never used our computers or our iPads or anything else. I debated what to do about the app and decided to download it. I know he’s FOUR and that technology is part of today’s learning so I am okay with him using this ONE app. He loves it and I think the fact that we do limit the screen time makes it more fun for him. I found an app where I could put in his specific words and it does a flash card game and a matching game and such with them. I’ve been having him to do it a couple times a week and think it’s helping!
Wiping: Ugh. I’m SO ready for Kye to be able to FULLY wipe himself. I read somewhere that it’s good to still check them until they are 6 or older? I mean really?!?! We have him wipe himself the first time then we will come check after he’s done. Kye LOVES company while going to the bathroom. It’s like social hour for him haha He’ll call to me and ask me to come talk to him! While the wiping is annoying…I do enjoy our convos 😉
Independence: While Kye may not be able to fully wipe himself he is SUCH a big help and SO capable of doing a lot on his own. It’s such a blessing! His favorite time is when I get home from our monthly grocery shopping trip. He helps us carry in all the bags of groceries and LOVES to help unload the bags and put things away. I even have him help pour things into the storage containers I keep them in. He makes the job go by so much quicker and seeing the joy he has in his “work” makes me enjoy it more too 🙂
Kye is now also able to get his own ice and water when he’s thirsty. I know a lot of people have their kids get things out of the fridge by this age but our fridge door is HEAVY! Kye still can’t open it on his own?!?! I figure being able to get his own ice water is a good first step in that direction though!
Crafts: This month we worked on a few crafts while on Thanksgiving break from school. I know Kye LOVES craft time and now that Britt is older and more into it I enjoy letting them be creative!!! I personally wish I was a more artistic person and love that my children enjoy this type of thing 🙂
Finally painted a birdhouse Casey and Jordan got him a couple years ago!
Had fun practicing his cutting skills with playdough!
Here’s a video showing the play doh fun! It is HILARIOUS how Kye thinks I’m taking a picture haha
Oatmeal: I was talking to my friend Kelly and she mentioned how her kids LOVE oatmeal for breakfast. My kids literally eat the same thing everyday. 1/2 a banana (usually frozen), prunes, and a handful of multigrain cheerios. I thought the oatmeal would add a little variety and I bought the kind with fruit mixed in since they love fruit so much! Britt LOVES it (I’ll discuss it in her post!). Kye doesn’t like it AT ALL. Check out this face hahaha
Smiling because he realized I was taking a picture 😉
Don’t worry…he does still LOVE ice cream!
Christmas Shoebox: Typically I pride myself on being on the ball as a mom. I mean I feel like I do pretty well with keeping up with everything. Making plans. Being on time. Etc. How about when Kye came home and told me that his Christmas Shoebox was due the next day and we hadn’t done it yet?!?! Oops. And I can’t even use pregnancy as an excuse b/c I wasn’t pregnant yet!!! We had to run out that day and get stuff for his box to send to school the next day!!!
Ikea Box: Zach has been working like crazy on the new playroom (it’s actually pretty much finished now…but I’m waiting to post about it until we are 100% done with it!) and had some awesome Ikea boxes for the kids to enjoy. This beast was HUGE and made for a great play house for them!
Time with Britt: Kye and Britt are playing together much better now (no more arguing in the car whew!). He especially loves to chase and tickle her!
Zach even took them both to Lowe’s where they helped him do some errand shopping!
Music: Another thing that I’m not very good at is musical stuff. Can’t sing. Don’t know any instruments (can play a few things on piano but that’s it). I think it’s hilarious and awesome how much our kids enjoy playing music. We keep all their “show” supplies in the living room and I love watching them be creative and imaginative! Kye performed this song (here’s a video!) for me about all the people he was thankful for at Thanksgiving 🙂
Other Play: Another common thing is after bath the kids love to run around in their underwear/panties. They race and play and Kye especially enjoys pushing around his larger toy cars. Whatever gets out their energy is fine with me!
Of course Kye also likes to build block when he’s ready to relax 😉
Other Stuff Going On This Month:
- Kye will come to me now and say he’s sorry for things. He takes time to think about it and realize what he did wrong and then will come on his own to apologize. Even for stuff he hasn’t gotten into trouble for! I am VERY much the same way. If Zach and I argue I always tell him to leave me alone and I can calm down and think things through…but I don’t respond well “in the moment”
- I was sitting on the couch with Britt singing to her and he randomly walked up to me and kissed me and said “mommy you sing so beautiful”
- In the car one day Kye randomly started spelling words! First word he ever spelled was gray and then he also spelled out car, can, dot and other words too!
- When he plays with my hair he will tell me he likes it best behind my ears and to keep it out of my eyes. Which is EXACTLY like Big Daddy. Big Daddy ALWAYS says “You have a beautiful face you shouldn’t cover it up” and he’ll move my hair out of my face. So funny how Kye says the same thing 🙂
- Where the Wild Things Are is Britt’s fav book right now and I always have them act out the parts…I had Zach read it so I could record them in their cuteness. Here’s a video!
- Kye says he wants a LOT of babies because they are just SO sweet…except when they cry
- He often tells Britt to “stop being dramatic”
- Kye and Zach have been working on the football skills…here’s a video!
- When Payton slept over they were so funny together! They had several little arguments and it cracked me up bc I’m not used to that. At one point I heard Payton tell Kye that he’s not cool and he responded by saying “Yes I am I’m SUPER cool watch this!” And then he broke out in this super crazy dance hahaha Guess he proved her wrong? 😉
- He told me if he could pick ANY mommy in the world that he’d pick me 🙂
Cute pics matching Daddy this month!
When I take Kye’s school work pictures each morning he also likes to “pose” for me…here are some of the pics of him from November!