I work with several companies and links to any products within posts are affiliate.
We had a combo visit for the kids (Kye’s 4 year old check-up and Britt’s 15 month check-up) on March 7th. It’s the last time we can do a combo check up for them so I took full advantage of it and we lucked out that it was actually pretty close to both of their proper ages. Kye turned four on March 4th and Britt turned 15 months on March 6th!
Both kids were going to be having shots so Zach came along with us for the appointment and I’m seriously SO glad he did. I have NO CLUE how mamas manage with multiple babies at the dr solo!!! We did the divide and conquer method, I stuck with Kye and let Zach deal with Britt. I like having the easier kid 😉
It’s CRAZY that both of our kids are old enough to do the STANDING scale!!! Guess it’s time to get knocked up again 🙂
Kye had to have the vision and hearing test done again and did great with them both! He passed the vision test (which I couldn’t pass myself when I tried to see the same things he had to see haha) with 20/40. Which they said was good. Britt’s stats at 15 months old were: 31 inches long (70th percentile), 22 pounds (26th percentile), and her head was 17.5 inches (10th percentile). As a comparison, Kye’s stats at 15 months old were: 32.5 inches long (90th percentile), 25.5 lbs (60th percentile) and head was 18 3/4 inches around (60th percentile). So she’s for sure a lot smaller than her big brother was at the same age…which I like 😉
Kye’s stats at 4 years old were: 39 inches tall (25th percentile) and 36 pounds (50th percentile) Now that he’s four they don’t measure head circumference anymore, but it’s pretty obvious that he’d be in a higher percentile for that one haha. He comes by it honest!!! Just as a comparison here are his stats from his three year appointment: 37 inches tall (25th percentile) and 33.5 lbs (50th percentile). His head at that appointment was 20.25 inches (90th percentile).
We had a LONG wait and I felt bad b/c Zach had to get to work. Britt had to miss a lot of her morning nap to be at the appointment and she was WILD. Our kids get so funny and silly when they are sleepy. She kept us laughing while we waited!
She found a fun “game” where she would drop her snacks on the floor then bend down to pick them up…lovely.
Kelly is who we saw this time. I LOVE her. Seriously. I know I’ve said it before but I ADORE every single person who works at Dr Griner’s office. I know people complain about the wait times, but to me it’s totally worth it. They ROCK and I will NEVER take my kids somewhere else!!!
It was a bit difficult to chat with the craziness of Britt but we did our best! We handled Kye first since he was the better behaved one. She looked him over everywhere and said he looks great. She checked his privates post surgery and said all of that looked good too. Britt wasn’t quite as easy during her turn b/c she was WILD. And she did NOT want Kelly looking in her mouth but we got it done 😉
Here’s some of the stuff we discussed:
- Britt’s belly button sticks out pretty far and Kelly said it’s actually a hernia that should go away with time but we are going to continue to keep an eye on it. Kye actually had the same thing as a LITTLE baby though, not this old!
- Kelly said she can see that all four of Britt’s canines are about to come in. These will be her last teeth until her 2 year molars. Child is CRAZY fast with the teeth!
- Kye has started to get a few moles here and there…it doesn’t surprise me as all the Parkers have a good bit of random moles. But I still wanted to ask her about them and she said they all look fine but to always keep an eye on them and look for any changes. She also recommended Dr Cole for a dermatologist when the time comes.
- Sometimes Kye complains that his bottom itches and we’ve actually tried to check and make sure he doesn’t have worms or something (haha) she checked it and said he is probably just a little sensitive and still gets “diaper rash” so when he complains about itchy bottom just to apply some Desitin on him.
- Kelly asked us developmental questions for Britt and could tell by seeing Britt that she passed them all haha. Child was running and making all kinds of wonderful vocalizations 😉 She’s a show off like her Daddy haha
- Both kids yet again had BEAUTIFUL ears haha I think they must just know I love hearing that so they always say it? 😉
- We did discuss how Britt STILL hasn’t EVER been sick and Kelly was so sweet in her compliments to me about that and said that the breastfeeding was HUGE but that also her staying out of day care really made a difference in her health 🙂
- Since you are NOT supposed to give children under the age of 6 any over the counter cough meds I asked her to fill our prescription for the Bromfed Dm and she said he can have 3 ML of it when needed.
- I also had her write one for Britt’s diaper rash cream so I would have it on hand when bad diaper rashes pop up.
- We got all the school forms Kye needs for school next year and that was it!
Getting ready to be TOUGH for the shots!
I have heard BAD things about the four year old check-up and that it’s super rough with the shots for the kids. Kye always continues to impress me. Child didn’t even shed a single tear for his finger prick or the diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, polio or MMRV (measles, mumps, rubella and varicella) shots! Britt on the other hand…I was embarrassed and I was out in the waiting area. It was no joke haha her loud screams could be heard ALL over the office and probably down the street. She had the HIB and MMR (measles, mumps and rubella) shots. She continued to cry and cry after as well and finally Kye gave her a little toy from the treasure chest and she stopped 😉
It’s so interesting how different it is with baby #2. Because seriously I was ZERO percent concerned about her getting the MMR shot. I mean everyone has come out and said that MMR does NOT cause Autism but I still remembering being so worried about it with Kye. Maybe it’s because Britt is a girl and girls are less likely to get Autism that I didn’t have a single concern? Or maybe it’s because she’s the 2nd child and I totally forgot that the MMR was at the 15 month appointment…haha
You can go back and see Kye’s 3 year appointment HERE as well as Kye’s 15 month appointment HERE to compare with Britt’s 🙂 We don’t go back until summer time for Britt’s 18 month and Kye is good until next year! I’m SO thankful to have such healthy babies who are so well behaved (at least prior to shots haha!).
We had forgotten to measure Kye at his birthday so we did that when we got home in our door frame. It’s so neat to see how much he’s grown every year! I need to go back and measure off his 1 year old height since we didn’t live in our house yet 🙂
Rate This Post:
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!