Links to Amazon are affiliate links.
Britt’s 18th month of life was from May 6th until June 5th. Here’s everything she had going on that month:
Vocabulary: As I mentioned before, each month I’m only posting about the NEW words she says. This month was another burst of talking for sure! So fun to hear her sweet voice use so many new words!
Britt added these new words to her list this month: tent (is what she calls a blanket…probably bc they make so many “tents” using the blankets!), tickle tickle (she ASKS to be tickled and will say this when she’s “tickling” us), oops, cat, up, Kye, Courtney, Colt, Boo boo, door, go go go (from the song the kids love “Go Get ‘Em Girl”), my daddy, phone, nite nite, car, pool, apple, cup, Casey (although I hadn’t heard her say it at this point so I didn’t believe it yet haha), grapes, cat, highway (she calls her toy guitar a “highway” because she and Kye always sing “life is a highway” when they play with them), hot, eat, baby, no, boom
Here’s a video of her using many of the new words she’s learned!
Eating: This month I saw a friend on FB post a pic of her daughter eaten frozen snow peas. I have never thought to give them to my kids! While Kye didn’t like them, Britt fell in LOVE! What a simple, healthy snack! She pigs out on them!!!
Pea Face hahaha
Cuter pea face?
Corn on the cobb is still Britt’s fav food! She is very possessive about her corn and will eat it non-stop and hold it in her hand while she eats other things with her other hand 🙂
Peek-A-Boo: Britt totally “gets” how to hide under the covers now and is at that age where she thinks if she can’t see us then we can’t see her! It’s so funny 🙂
Where did she go?
There she is!
Where did Britt go?
Has anyone seen Britt?
There she is!!!
Pony: Britt’s hair is officially long enough to wear in a fully pony tail!!! Zach really, really loves it like this which is super sweet! She doesn’t sit still for long and her hair is so fine and straight and has such a natural part that it’s tough to make it go back…so she doesn’t wear it often but it’s fun to know she can!
What she thinks about it 😉
Thankfully Zach and I are blessed with a daughter who has naturally pretty hair…b/c we are both TERRIBLE at fixing it. If you wanted to call me “super mom” then hair fixing is my “kryptonite!” Legit. I’m clueless. I’ve tried everything with my OWN hair and can’t do it. I just don’t have that skill! I need lessons or a class or something haha. This was Zach’s attempt at doing her side pony…which made me feel a little better about my own skills bc he is for sure worse!
Coloring: Kye LOVES to color and I’m starting to work more with Britt on it. This month I gave her a coloring sheet for the first time (the kids made one for me when we went to Cozumel!). At first she resisted but once she saw Kye doing it she seemed to enjoy it!
Outside: Ever since Britt was a LITTLE baby I remember her loving to be outside. I’m not sure where she got this from, b/c it for sure wasn’t me! She will run right to the swing and want me to push her again and again and again! While I still LOVE our playground, it really isn’t very “toddler friendly” so the swing is pretty much the only thing she can really play on there anyway, so I’m glad she likes it!
Mommy’s Bath: We had a busy couple of days in a row and just weren’t home at bath time…I realized my kids had gone two nights without a bath and wouldn’t be able to bathe that third night either so I decided to give them a morning bath and make it a special treat in my tub! They LOVED it and it was a great way to entertain them and keep them happy while I got some packing done for Cozumel 😉 I was able to try on all my outfits and still watch them since my closet is in our bathroom! Score 🙂
(photos removed b/c people are DISGUSTING)
Speaking of bath time…the kids have picked up a new, yucky, habit where they suck on wash cloths and drink the bath water?!?! So gross!!! I believe it started with Kye and, of course, Britt copied!
Copying Brother: Britt pretty much follows Kye EVERYWHERE and wants to be just like him! I love how she watches him and how she is so quick to follow his lead on things. They put on lots and lots and lots of little shows together and since he is so into playing pretend, Britt is of course into playing pretend too!
And since Kye loves to tackle “Bruce” well so does Britt! She LOVES Bruce and will hug on him and even pick him up and carry him around the house haha! I don’t think you’re supposed to make friends with the tackling dummie 😉
She also really likes to run and race and will line up against the doors and then run as fast as she can! Her little run makes every part of her body move, so so cute!
Who likes to hang out in Brother’s bed???
(can you also tell that this whole “me” thing was big this month? haha)
Clothes: I do think that having a girl is more expensive. I mean for Kye I just need a pair of shoes that match tans and browns and a pair that match black and I’m good to go but Britt needs SO many more pairs of shoes. And the bows. And everything is very cute which makes it more tempting to buy…BUT the advantage having a girl and shopping for her does have is that she can wear dresses for SO LONG. Once a shirt or pants are too short for Kye, then they are done. For Britt? Dresses can be worn a little big then she can continue to grow and the dress can continue to fit. And once it’s too short? Hello top!
I mentioned this in my Mother’s Day post here but wanted to post a picture of her where you can SEE the dress better on her! CRAZY that she could wear the same dress at 5 months old and still be able to wear at it 17 months old! This is a size 6 months dress!
Always on the Move: Britt is a very, very active child. She’s ALWAYS on the go and really can’t sit still for very long. Kye has always been a “zone out” type kid. We don’t do much tv but when we do movies or whatever he will sit like a zombie in a trance watching it. I have started letting Britt have a little bit of movie time with Kye and I took these pics of her within a 1 min time frame, she didn’t sit still for longer than a second or two. This just shows how active she is!!! No wonder she’s so petite 😉
Other Stuff Going on this Month:
- Britt can now respond to yes and no questions by shaking her head
- At this age Britt should be down to 1 nap a day instead of two. I tried to start transitioning her but she just LOVES sleep! She was teething and would crawl into my lap 30 min early for nap and literally ask to go night night. I mean how can I say no to that??? I tried to move it up from 9 to 9:30 but while teething she ended up needing to go down between 8:30 and 8:45 so I decided just to wait to drop it until after Cozumel
- Britt LOVES to dance!!! Especially when she’s naked after her bath each night, which is something Kye always loved to do at this age as well! (here’s a video of both of them dancing) She also loves to sing and will sing “life is a highway,” “go get ’em girl,” and “zippity do dah” (Here’s a video of her singing “life is a highway” with Kye and here’s one of her singing it by herself!)
- She obeys very well and comes when called majority of the time
- Potty training has been very successful! She rarely, rarely has an accident. She says tee tee when she has to go and typically will go when we take her. She especially likes to use public bathrooms for some reason? haha!
- Britt has learned the skill of walking backwards and does it all the time and thinks it’s hilarious!
- Her fav place to be is outside and she becomes instantly happy when we go out, she even ENJOYS putting on sunscreen!
- When Britt wakes up from nap she will say “shhh” and want me to whisper. Here’s a video
- She is SO stinkin’ cute!!!! We went as a family to a free skin cancer screening at the hospital this month and she was adorable. Dancing, laughing, and getting MASSIVE amounts of attention from everyone. Kye kept saying to people “she’s MY sister” b/c he was desperate to share the spotlight with her!
- Britt copies her brother at everything he does…including drinking icky bath water…here’s a video. She also likes to be his “back up dancer” during his performances, here’s a video of Kye signing “Father Abraham” and Britt being crazy with him haha!
- She can make funny faces…will do a mean face and a sad face when prompted. She also makes a super funny “cold face” when she eats her frozen bananas at breakfast, here’s a video!
- Britt constantly wants to be with her brother and will yell “KYE! KYE!” all the time
- She is a great helper. She especially loves to take things for me and throw them away, help me put laundry away, and take clothes to certain places for me when I ask her.
- Britt is a shoe girl (which is funny b/c I’m SO not!) and typically she will ask to wear shoes around the house, even when only wearing her panties as clothes!
- Zach likes to show the kids FSU videos on his Ipad on occasion and one night they watched one and when two of the players hit each other Britt said “BOOM!” It was a proud Daddy moment 😉
- Her lamb that she sleeps with she calls a “doggie” instead of a sheep
- Britt’s fav song this month was “Go Get ‘Em Girl” here’s a video of her dancing to it and here’s a video of her being super obsessed about it.
- We had to pull her crib way away from the wall because she was able to reach the cord to her video monitor and one day I went in and she had the cord around her neck as a necklace. Um, not good!
- Britt still LOVES to “talk on the phone” and I took this video of her trying to get Sadie to talk too haha!
- Britt loves to eat cold butter beans as well as the frozen peas and will ask for more and more of them however peanut butter is for sure her fav food
- Britt has such a sweet laugh and LOVES to be tickled! Here’s a video!
You can see Britt’s summary from her 17th month here and Kye’s from his 18th month here! She looks SO much older to me than he did at this age…maybe it’s because she has so much hair? Or because she doesn’t have the “baby chub” like Kye had???