Tess turned 9 months old on the non-exsisting April 31st. This was THE toughest month to get pics of her. She was cutting a tooth so her hands were in her mouth a lot. Plus she’s mobile so she kept trying to crawl off the side of the chair. I have a plethora of helpers to get those cute Tess smiles out of her but even they couldn’t make it happen! Oh well!
Using What to Expect the First Yeardata-imagelightbox="g">, here is where Tess is at when compared to the “norm” for her age:
At 9 months old Tess can do everything a baby her age should be able to do including:
- work to get a toy that is out of reach
- look for dropped object
She can also do almost everything a baby her age will probably be able to do including:
- creep or crawl
- get into a sitting position from stomach
- object if you try to take a toy away
- stand holding onto someone or somethign
- pick up tiny object with any part of thumb and finger
- say “mama” or “dada” indiscriminately (not mama yet dangit!)
- play peekaboo
She is not yet able to pull herself to standing, but can pull herself to her knees so she’s close!
Tess can do a little bit of what a 9 month old may be able to do including:
- play patty cake, clap hands, or wave bye-bye (she is SO CLOSE to full on clapping!)
- understand “no” but not always obey it
Tess cannot yet walk holding onto furniture (cruise).
Tess can do many of the things a baby her age may even be able to do including:
- drink from a cup independently
- pick up tiny objects neatly with tips of thumb and forefinger
- say one word other than “mama” or “dada” (she kinda says “done” when she’s finished eating)
Some of the things a baby her age may even be able to do that Tess isn’t doing yet include:
- stand alone momentarily
- stand alone well
- say “dada” or “mama” discriminately
- respond to a one-step command with gestures, such as “give that to me” said with hand out
- “play ball” by rolling a ball back to you
Best of the month!!!
You can look back and see Britt’s 9 month post here (gosh I can’t get over how stinking CUTE she was!) and Kye’s here (it feels like just YESTERDAY I was taking those pics of him with that link. Some of my favs of him as a baby!)