I work with several companies and links to any products within posts are affiliate.
Tess turned 9 months old on the non-exsisting April 31st. This was THE toughest month to get pics of her. She was cutting a tooth so her hands were in her mouth a lot. Plus she’s mobile so she kept trying to crawl off the side of the chair. I have a plethora of helpers to get those cute Tess smiles out of her but even they couldn’t make it happen! Oh well!
Using What to Expect the First Year, here is where Tess is at when compared to the “norm” for her age:
At 9 months old Tess can do everything a baby her age should be able to do including:
- work to get a toy that is out of reach
- look for dropped object
She can also do almost everything a baby her age will probably be able to do including:
- creep or crawl
- get into a sitting position from stomach
- object if you try to take a toy away
- stand holding onto someone or somethign
- pick up tiny object with any part of thumb and finger
- say “mama” or “dada” indiscriminately (not mama yet dangit!)
- play peekaboo
She is not yet able to pull herself to standing, but can pull herself to her knees so she’s close!
Tess can do a little bit of what a 9 month old may be able to do including:
- play patty cake, clap hands, or wave bye-bye (she is SO CLOSE to full on clapping!)
- understand “no” but not always obey it
Tess cannot yet walk holding onto furniture (cruise).
Tess can do many of the things a baby her age may even be able to do including:
- drink from a cup independently
- pick up tiny objects neatly with tips of thumb and forefinger
- say one word other than “mama” or “dada” (she kinda says “done” when she’s finished eating)
Some of the things a baby her age may even be able to do that Tess isn’t doing yet include:
- stand alone momentarily
- stand alone well
- say “dada” or “mama” discriminately
- respond to a one-step command with gestures, such as “give that to me” said with hand out
- “play ball” by rolling a ball back to you
Best of the month!!!
You can look back and see Britt’s 9 month post here (gosh I can’t get over how stinking CUTE she was!) and Kye’s here (it feels like just YESTERDAY I was taking those pics of him with that link. Some of my favs of him as a baby!)
Rate This Post:
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!