I work with several companies and links to any products within posts are affiliate.
Tess turned 7 months old on Feb 31st…which I guess would be Feb 28th or March 3rd depending on how you do it?
Using What to Expect the First Year here is where Tess is in her development compared to the “norms” for her age:
At 7 months old Tess can do mostly all of the things a baby her age should be able to do including:
- feed self a cracker
- coo or babble when happy
- smile often when interacting
- makes a “razz” sound
She can do all the things a seven month old will probably be able to do including:
- sit without support
- bear some weight on legs when held upright
- object if you try to take a toy away
- work to get a toy that’s out of reach
- look for dropped object
- rake with fingers an object and pick it up in fist
- turn in the direction of a voice
- babble, combining vowels and consonants such as ga-ga-ga, ba-ba-ba, ma-ma-ma and da-da-da
- play peekaboo (she removes things off her face so I guess that counts?)
Tess can do a couple of the things that a baby her age may probably be able and may even be able to do including:
- pass a cube or other object from one hand to the other
- stand holding onto someone or something (someone!)
Tess cannot yet do the following things that a baby her age may probably or may even be able to do:
- get into sitting position from tummy
- creep or crawl
- pull up to standing from sitting position
- clap hands or wave bye-bye
- walk holding onto furniture
- say “mama” or “dada” indiscriminately
She is pretty much right on target with Britt and Kye at this age. You can see Britt’s 7 month old post here and Kye’s 7 month old post here. His little baby tush is so cute 😉 I don’t know if it’s having three kids or just that it’s been so long since he was a baby but I have THE hardest time remembering that time in his life. It makes me SO SAD. If you are a mom or a mom-to-be I can’t say it enough: have a blog! Blogging really allows me to capture ALL the moments of my children’s lives and I’m SO thankful to have it to look back and “remember when” 🙂
Rate This Post:
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!