Tess turned 6 months old on January 31st. I’m in TOTAL denial about this!!!
According to What to Expect the First Year here is where Tess is at with her development and milestones (side note: ohmygoodness we struggled with the pics this month! child just wanted to EAT the sticker! Lesson learned: put the sticker on the onesie before putting the onesie on the baby!).
At six months old Tess can do all of the things a baby her age should be able to do including:
- keep head level with body when pulled to sitting
- say “ah-goo” or similar vowel-consonant combinations
She can do almost all of the things a six month old baby will probably be able to do including:
- bear some weight on legs when held upright
- sit without support (only briefly)
- turn in the direction of a voice
- make a “razz” sound
Tess is in disbelief that she’s already 6 months old 😉
Tess can do mostly everything a six month old may possibly be able to do including:
- stand holding onto someone or something (while holding our hands)
- work to get a toy that’s out of reach
- pass a cube or another object from one hand to another
- look for dropped object
- take with fingers a tiny object and pick it up in a fist
- babble, combining vowels and consonants such as ga-ga-ga, ba-ba-ba, ma-ma-ma, da-da-da
Tess doesn’t object when we take something away. She’s just a super chill baby 🙂
She also doesn’t feed herself a cracker or other finger foods…and that’s only because I’m waiting to do solids!
The only thing here that she wasn’t doing yet was feeding herself a cracker or other finger foods but that’s only because I hadn’t started on solids yet 😉
At six months old Tess isn’t doing ANY of the things that a baby her age may even be able to do including:
- creep or crawl
- pull up to standing position from sitting
- get into a sitting position from stomach
- pick up a tiny object with any part of thumb and finger
- say “mama” or “dada” indiscriminately
You can go back and see Britt’s post here! I’m super excited for Tess to be big enough to wear that skirt. These pics of Britt are SO cute to me and I can’t get over how LITTLE Kye was!!!
I think Tess has a personality and demeanor more like Kye but she seems to be developing along the same lines as Britt. We’ll see!
You can also go back and read about where Kye was at 6 months old here! I laughed when I saw his pics…that child was ALWAYS naked 😉