I work with several companies and links to any products within posts are affiliate.
Tess turned 4 months old on November 31st (if one existed!). I use What to Expect the First Year
to compare my babies’ milestones and where they are in their development!
At four months old Tess can do all the things a baby her age should be able to do including:
- on stomach, lift head 90 degrees
- laugh out loud
- follow an object in an arc about 6 inches above face for 180 degrees (one side to the other)
She can do all the things a four month old will probably be able to do including:
- hold head steady when upright
- on stomach, raise chest, supported by arms
- grasp a little rattle held to backs or tips of fingers
- pay attention to an object as small as a raisin
- reach for an object
- squeal in delight
Tess can do most of the things a four month old baby may possibly be able to do including:
- keep head level with body when pulled to sitting
- roll over (one way)
- turn in the direction of a voice, especially mommy’s
- say “ah-goo” or similar vowel-consonant combinations
She can also do some of the things a baby her age may be able to do including:
- bear some weight on legs when held upright
- object if you try to take a toy away
- turn in the direction of a voice
The only things Tess can’t yet do are:
- razz, make a wet razzing sound.
- sit without support
Tess truly is such a shining light in my life. I am so thankful that God blessed me with the opportunity to be her mother. She is just the right fit for our family and we can’t imagine our lives without her in them!
Rate This Post:
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!