I work with several companies and links to any products within posts are affiliate.
Tess turned 3 months old on October 31st! As usual I’m using What to Expect the First Year
to compare where Tess is in her development with the “norm” for her age!
I had to have her wear some Halloween colors even though it totally clashed with her monthly sticker 😉
Tess can do everything a three month old baby should be able to do including:
- lift head up 45 degrees when on stomach
Tess can also do everything a three month old will probably be able to do including:
- laugh out loud
- on stomach, lift head 90 degrees
- squeal in delight
- bring both hands together
- smile spontaneously
- follow an object held about 6 inches above baby’s face and moved 180 degrees, from one side to the other; with baby watching all the way
showing off the “hands together” skill!
She can do everything a three month old may possibly be able to do including:
- hold head steady when upright
- on stomach, raise chest, supported by arms
- roll over one way
- grasp a rattle held to backs or tips of fingers
- pay attention to an item as small as a raisin
Tess can also do almost everything a three month old may be able to do including:
- bear some weight on legs when held upright
- keep head level with body when pulled to sitting
- turn in the direction of a voice, especially mommy’s
- say “ah-goo” or similar vowel-consonant combinations
The things Tess is not yet doing include:
- reach for an object (if she hits an object it’s still accidental)
- make a “razz” sound (I remember Britt didn’t do this either! I don’t think she ever did? I know Kye did do it for sure!)
You can look back at Kye’s 3 month post here and Britt’s here! I wish I could get Tess to be more SMILEY for these pics! Britt was so happy in all of hers all the time and I feel like Tess is always super serious in her monthly pics!