Links to Amazon are affiliate links.
Tess turned 2 months old on September 31st. Or at least she WOULD be 2 months old on Sept 31st IF September had 31 days. Of course she had to decide to come into the world on a date that not every month has haha! So I guess it makes the most sense to take her monthly pics on the 1st of the next month following a month without 31 days 🙂
According to What to Expect the First Year here is a list of the milestones Tess has reached in comparison to other babies her same age!
At two months old Tess can do all the things that a baby her age should be able to do including:
- smile in response to your smile
- respond to a bell in some way, such as startling, crying, quieting
Tess can also do all the things a two months old probably will be able to do including:
- vocalize in ways other than crying (cooing)
- on stomach, lift head 45 degrees
She can also do most of the things a baby her age may be able to do including:
- hold head steady when upright
- on stomach, raise chest, supported by arms
- roll over one way
- grasp a rattle held to the backs or tips of fingers
- say “ah-goo” or similar vowel-consonant combinations
Tess cannot yet reach for an object nor can she pay attention to an object as small as a raisin.
Tess can do all the things a baby her age may possibly be able to do including:
- smile spontaneously
- bring both hands together
- on stomach, lift head 90 degrees
- laugh out loud (my fav!)
- squeal in delight
- follow an object held about 6 inches above the baby’s face and moved 180 degrees (from one side to the other) with baby watching the whole way