Tess turned 2 months old on September 31st. Or at least she WOULD be 2 months old on Sept 31st IF September had 31 days. Of course she had to decide to come into the world on a date that not every month has haha! So I guess it makes the most sense to take her monthly pics on the 1st of the next month following a month without 31 days 🙂
According to What to Expect the First Year here is a list of the milestones Tess has reached in comparison to other babies her same age!
At two months old Tess can do all the things that a baby her age should be able to do including:
- smile in response to your smile
- respond to a bell in some way, such as startling, crying, quieting
Tess can also do all the things a two months old probably will be able to do including:
- vocalize in ways other than crying (cooing)
- on stomach, lift head 45 degrees
She can also do most of the things a baby her age may be able to do including:
- hold head steady when upright
- on stomach, raise chest, supported by arms
- roll over one way
- grasp a rattle held to the backs or tips of fingers
- say “ah-goo” or similar vowel-consonant combinations
Tess cannot yet reach for an object nor can she pay attention to an object as small as a raisin.
Tess can do all the things a baby her age may possibly be able to do including:
- smile spontaneously
- bring both hands together
- on stomach, lift head 90 degrees
- laugh out loud (my fav!)
- squeal in delight
- follow an object held about 6 inches above the baby’s face and moved 180 degrees (from one side to the other) with baby watching the whole way
You can look back and see Kye’s post here and Britt’s post here!