I work with several companies and links to any products within posts are affiliate.
Tess turned 17 months old on Dec 31st!
We took SO many pics this month with Christmas and everything that I thought it’d be good just to use her solo pics from our session earlier in the month with Captured by Colson! You can view all the images from that session here 🙂
As usual I’m using What to Expect the Toddler Years to see where Tess falls among the “norm” for her age!
Tess is able to do all the things a 17 month old should be able to do including:
- use two words
- drink from a cup (she is my best “drinker” of all three kids and enjoys drinking from a straw, a regular water bottle, and even our glasses)
She is also able to do the only thing it says a toddler her age will probably be able to do which is:
- build a tower of two cubes
Tess can do all three things a toddler her age may possibly be able to do including:
- walk up steps (she’s sneaky and quiet and MAN we gotta always make sure our baby gate is shut and locked!)
- remove an article of clothing
- “feed” a doll
She can also do everything a 17 month old may even be able to do including:
- build a tower of four cubes
- identify two items in a picture by pointing
- combine words
- throw a ball overhand
- speak and be understood half of the time
It was good for me to review over the whole throwing toy thing as Tess is starting to do that (so un-angel baby like of her dangit!) and it’s good to remember that it’s a phase and to be patient and to continue to reminder her that it’s not allowed.
It’s also good for me to see how I handled things with my older kids as sometimes I worry that I’m not ‘hardcore” enough with Tess. But with Britt in this phase I took the toy away from her and told her she “lost the privilege” and I do the same with Tess 🙂