Tess had her 15 month well visit in mid-Nov (12th). Zach was out of town so…that meant Mommy shot duty AGAIN. Her next appointment is her 18 month well visit which is the same appointment as Britt’s 4 year well visit. We did a combo appointment for that same visit for Kye and Britt when Kye was 4 and it was insane and it’s when we learned about Kye’s growth delay stuff. Plus 4 year shots are a beast and 18 month ones aren’t too great either. I already hardcore marked it super important on the calendar so Zach will be there! I cannot handle it solo!
Tess shocked me while in the waiting room for this visit. Life has changed now that she’s mobile! Tess has always been more shy around strangers and typically wants to stay close to me but girl was walking all over the place and even going up to people! It was funny bc she was the only child I had with me so other parents assumed I was a first timer 😉
First time using big girl scale!
This is how we feel about Mommy having shot duty!
The appointment went well! Tess was into EVERYTHING which made it difficult to talk to the PA while trying to watch her too. Again, I need help 😉 Here are some things we discussed in-between trying to contain my child:
- I was a little concerned because Tess had been tugging at her ear a LOT and seemed to be really uncomfortable. She checked her ears and said they looked great and that most likely it was associated pain with her cutting teeth. She said it’s common to have ear pain on the side that the new teeth are coming in on…learn something new every day huh?!
- She also listened to Tess’s chest for me and said it sounded fine. Tess had a bit of the crud earlier in the month which was concerning for me but I was glad she got a healthy report!
- I asked about vitamins for Tess. She’s at this weird age where she’s not old enough yet to handle the toddler vitamins but is old enough where the drop kind won’t fly. The PA suggested just waiting until she’s 2 to introduce any vitamins.
- Her eye looks completely normal…no more concerns there which is great! I never notice it anymore at all!
- She still has the more developed breasts but because she’s still continuing to get breastmilk every day (thanks to my stash!) we are still going to wait it out and see before being concerned as most likely it’s a result from the hormones in my breastmilk.
- We talked some about potty training as I’m all about some early training!
A big portion of our talk was actually about Britt. She has started to go tee tee ALL the time and it’s annoying to both her and to us. Kelly said that it’s common for young girls not to wipe as well as they should. Some advice she offered was to:
- Give her a baking soda bath once a week (mix in 3/4 cup baking soda into her bath water)
- Use AD ointment as needed up to 3 times a day (put it inside her privates)
- Wipe her privates down with warm water on a washcloth (don’t use soap or baby wipes).
- Have her go pantiless at naps and nights to help things “air out”
I have had lots of female issues since I was a young girl and remember growing up sleeping without panties on either (and I still have to be careful to wear 100% cotton underwear) so I guess Britt just inherited my issues and it’s something we’ve adjusted to. We’ve used all the advice and it’s really helped her to go less often!
Tess was 30 inches long (50th percentile) and 20 lbs (10th percentile) at this appointment. Her head 17.75 inches and in the 25th percentile. At her 1 year visit 3 months ago she was: 29.75 inches long (75th percentile), 18.5 lbs (10th percentile) and has a head circumference of 17.5 inches (25th percentile).
At 15 months old Britt was: 31 inches long (70th percentile), 22 pounds (26th percentile), and her head was 17.5 inches (10th percentile)
And Kye was: 25.5 lb which was the 60th percentile, length was 32.5 inches which was the 90th percentile, and head circumference was 18 3/4 inches which was the 60th percentile
Tess is both our shortest baby and our lightest (yet with a slightly larger head than Britt)! I knew that already though based on how long she takes to grow out of each size of clothes 😉 She’s been on the smaller side with her weight for awhile now so the dr isn’t concerned about it and neither am I. She’s a healthy little girl!
The shots were WAY better this time around. They didn’t have to draw blood which really made a difference! It was quick and Tess did awesome! She cried a good bit but got over it quickly 🙂 Whew, I was thankful!
I know the next visit will be CRAZY and I am nervous about it. I feel like Tess is fine but I am worried about Britt’s weight. She’s SO THIN and I’m nervous that they are going to have concerns about it. I do think she’s okay as far as any growth delay concerns but of course since that’s when that journey began with Kye I’m still a little nervous to see what is said about it for Britt. I’m thankful it’s not until Feb so I have time to pray about it! I’m so thankful for our healthy children and for another great visit for Tess! Big girl, growing up!