I work with several companies and links to any products within posts are affiliate.
At 5 months old Spear is doing everything a baby his age should be able to do including:
- hold head steady when upright
- on stomach, raise chest, supported by arms
- pay attention to an object as small as a raisin
- squeal in delight
- reach for an object
- smile spontaneously
- smile back when you smile
- grasp a rattle held to backs or tips of fingers
- keep head level with body when pulled to sitting
Spear can also do everything a 5 month old baby will probably be able to do including:
- roll over one way
- bear some weight on legs
- say “ah-goo” or similar vowel-consonant combination
- razz (make a wet razzing sound)
- turn in the direction of a voice
He cannot do the one thing a baby his age may possibly be able to do and that’s sit without support (he’s not even close which I guess is okay and I shouldn’t stress it yet!)
Spear can do some of the things a 5 month old baby may even be able to do including:
- stand holding onto someone or something
- work to get a toy out of reach
He cannot yet do these things from this category:
- pull up to standing position from sitting
- object if you try to take a toy away
- pass a cube or other object from one hand to another
- look for dropped object
- rake with fingers a tiny object and pick it up in a fist
- babble, combing vowels and consonants such as “ga-ga-ga, ba-ba-ba, ma-ma-ma, da-da-da”
Rate This Post:
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!