I also love the little bibs I used for his pics this month…I got those here 🙂
At three months old Spear is doing the only item a baby his age should be able to do and that’s lifting his head up 45 degrees when on his stomach.
He is also doing everything a 3 month old will probably be able to do including:
- laughing out loud
- on stomach, lifting head 90 degrees
- squeal in delight
- bring both hands together
- smile spontaneously
- follow an object being held 6 inches above his face and being moved 180 degrees (watching the whole way)
He can also do all the things a baby his age may possibly be able to do including:
- hold head steady when upright
- on stomach, raise chest, supported by arms
- roll over (one way)
- grasp a rattle held to backs or tips of fingers
- pay attention to an item as small as a raisin
Spear can do some of the things a 3 month old may even be able to do including:
- bear some weight on legs when held upright
- turn in the direction of a voice, particularly mommy’s
- say “ah-goo” or similar vowel-consonant combinations
From the category of items Spear may even be able to do he’s not quite yet doing the following:
- reaching for an object
- keeping head level with body when pulled to sitting (those cheeks weight him down ha!)
- razz (make a wet razzing sound)
Looking back at the bigger kids’ posts it makes me so excited to see what Spear will look like as he gets holder! It’s CRAZY how much they change as they age!!! I love how much Spear really does favor his big siblings and I’m so interested to see if they resemble each other as they grow up too.
In the past I’ve found writing these monthly posts kinda boring. But I LOVE reading through and seeing how Spear is right on target for his age. It makes my heart so happy and reminds me how awesome Mama E did in taking care of this sweet boy!!!
SO incredibly thankful for him!!!