Links to Amazon are affiliate links.
I really, really love that Kye’s school sends home a report at the end of each “semester” (one in Dec and one in May). As he gets older, he’s less into relaying to me what he’s learning in the classroom so I appreciate having these reports to know where he is at and what things to work on at home!
At the end of his Three Year Old school year here is where Kye was at:
- He is in the progress of learning that their are 7 days in a week as well as 12 months in a year
- He has mastered knowing that there are 4 seasons in a year and has mastered being able to describe the weather.
- He can name all the days of the week (his report said he doesn’t know Saturday but at home he talks about Saturday more than any other day)
- He can name Jan-July in the months of the year
- He knows the names for all of the seasons
- He has mastered all of his colors: red, orange, yellow, blue, green, purple, black and brown
- He has mastered recognizing all of the following numbers: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11. 13 and can count to 14
- He is in progress of being able to recognize the numbers 10, 12, 14 and 15 but his teacher said he will say “zero and one, two and one, four and one”
- He has mastered all of his shapes: circle, square, triangle, rectangle, star, and heart
- He has mastered the following upper case, lower case, and sounds of these letters: Aa, Bb, Cc (still in progress on letter sound), Ee, Ff, Gg, Hh, Ii (still in progress on letter sound), Jj, Kk (still in progress on letter sound), Ll (in progress on lower case l), Mm, Oo, Pp, Qq, Rr, Ss, Uu (still in progress on letter sound), Vv, Ww, Xx, Yy (still in progress on letter sound)
- He is still in progress on the following letters: Dd, Nn, Tt, Zz
As yall know, for us we are more concerned with “social skills” than anything at this point in Kye’s school career 🙂 He has mastered ALL the social skills which include: listens in circle time, follows directions, takes turns, plays with other children, shows pride in work, cleans up after self, shares with others, washes hands with soap and water (WHOO HOO Goal for the Year checked off hahaaha), recognizes written name and spells name out loud.
The comments from his teacher were: Kye is such a great kid! He has done a great job in K3! I have enjoyed having him in my class. I know he will do awesome in K4!
It was tough for me to gage how well Kye did in school this year based on what he told me and on the vibe I got from visits to his classroom. I’m glad I had this report to kinda fill in some of the gaps for me on how he did. He is SO excited for K4 next year and has been counting down to it for quite awhile. I’m SO SAD to think about him having school every day but I know he’s ready and that he will love it!
You can look back at Kye’s school work and report from Fall of 2012 here!
Here is all of his school work from the Spring of 2013. Can you tell he is getting to that silly boy stage??? Yes, I let him make silly faces…I mean why not? 😉
And one from Sister too 🙂
I’m SO proud of Kye and all of his accomplishments in the classroom setting. He really loves to work hard and has enjoyed learning new things. He loves to talk alllll about letters, point out letters to us, and talk about their sounds. I’m excited as he starts down the path towards reading! He also LOVES to color and a comment was even made about his coloring progress through the year and how his Day 1 of school coloring looked better than many of the kids’ last day of school coloring haha. I’m not really sure how far being good at coloring may take him in life but I guess it’s a valuable skill to have 😉 I’m mostly proud though of his listening skills. The times I’ve visited his classroom this year I’ve been able to sit back and observe and am so proud of how well he listens and truly stays on task. As Big Daddy says “A good listener is a good learner!” So far that’s proving to be true for Kye and I hope he will always continue to be such a great listener in the future!
Can’t wait to see what K4 holds for him this fall!