Here’s everything my sweet boy was up to during the month of November! Was it really just a month ago? It feels like AGES ago!!!
Chalk Fun: One morning Kye thought up the idea to go outside and draw with chalk…sounded like a good plan to me! We bundled up and headed out 🙂 I love doing fun things with my sweet boy and spending quality time together while Britt Britt naps!
He took it very seriously, of course
First time playing hopscotch!
Kye LOVES to go outside! And always wants to be bundled up…even if it’s not that cold out
Helping Daddy blow off the porch…haha
Sports: Zach and I agreed that we would NEVER pressure Kye to like sports. My family was never that into sports whereas Zach’s was always hardcore about them. We’re two opposite extremes and we just want to let our children decide their own paths in this area. Kye has taken a BIG liking to all things sports this month. He found a mitt and velcro baseball from when he was a baby and started tossing and catching it all the time. I’m sure Uncle Jordan, who played baseball through college, was thrilled…Zach and I are not baseball fans though!
The BIG sport this month has been football. Zach has been preparing for the annual Parker Family football game on Christmas Eve. Even making up plays in a play book. Kye wanted to have his own play book and took it super seriously 🙂
In the playbook we let him use I found my old calculus homework…how the heck did I ever understand this junk!?!?
Foreign language to me…
Games at Night: Brittlynn goes to bed between 7 -7:15 and Kye goes to bed at 7:45. This month we started to devote that 20-30 minutes to spending quality time with Kye. We read a book together then play a game. It is always so fun and a great opportunity to start teaching him how to be a good sport, take turns, share, etc. He LOVES feeling like a big boy getting to stay up later than his sister 😉
One night the boys played Toy Story on the Wii
Candy Land is his favorite!
Operation Christmas Child: Last year we participated in Operation Christmas Child and Kye’s school did it again this year! I had to run to ToysRUs for something so Zach took the kids and met me at the dollar store to pick out the presents. By the time I got there (our ToysRUs is sooo slloooow) they were already done! I’m so proud to have such a great husband who just knew what to pick out. They made one girl one and one boy one and did great with it! I’m sure it made the children who received them very happy 🙂
Sleepy Head: Kye has been sleeping AWESOME for his naps lately. Maybe it’s the cooler weather? He sleeps SOLID from 1-4 most days!!! The time did change this month and threw him off a bit because he lost an hour of sleep every night until he got adjusted. I hate the time change junk!!! Most afternoons though Britt and I go in and wake him up at 4…he always looks so sweet 🙂
Playing: The goal in playing for Kye is to keep things away from Brittlynn the best he can haha! She’s into EVERYTHING now!!! He pulled back out the car we made from a cardboard box and colored it a lot this month. He stored the markers behind the baby gate on the stairs to keep them out of Britt’s reach…pretty clever!
Look of DEATH I get when he catches me taking pics of him playing
Last year for Christmas G-Mama got Kye this “skip-it” type thing that spins and he can jump over it. Honestly, it was totally wrong on the proper age for the toy. It was WAY too advanced for him then. Recently he started playing with it and is now old enough to “get it.” He wanted me to bring it downstairs for him and it was hilarious to watch his techniques…Here’s a video!
Kye is ALWAYS helping me…he has such a servant heart and I love that about him! It’s a trait I pray we can continue to foster and that Brittlynn will also inherit! He found some of Britt’s baby wash cloths and told me he needed to clean the house with them 🙂 I def didn’t stop him!
Brother/Sister: I know I say it ALL the time but we are so, so blessed. Our children LOVE each other and it’s the sweetest thing to watch them together. Sure, they have their moments (which shocks me…I didn’t expect fighting before Britt was even a year old!) but overall they adore each other. Kye still won’t ever say that she is his friend, but I know secretly they are buddies 😉
Story time with Daddy
Playing together so nicely!
Kye fixes her hair in the tub. He sits back and says “so beautiful” 😉
I LOVE having the tub toys in the middle of them…no fighting over toys 😉
Little People stuff is THE BEST. Safe for Britt, still fun for Kye! It’s one of the few toys they BOTH enjoy!
Sweet Boy: When I had Kye SO many people told me that boys adore their mamas. While I think Kye and Zach have a closer bond than he has with me, I do see what “they” were all talking about. Kye is SO sweet to me. He will randomly scratch my back, come give me cuddles, and thinks about my feelings all the time. He came home from Bible Class one Wednesday night and had gotten me a bracelet with his Bible Bucks (the rewards system they use). How precious is that?!?! It totally made my heart melt and I love the bracelet 😉
Other Stuff Kye was up to this Month:
- He drew a picture and said “here is our house in Valdosta. Here is G-mama’s house. We have to go alllllll the way to Heaven then come back down so we can go to G-mama’s”
- On Nov 6th we finally got him to start sleeping with the “big boy” pillow on his bed. He still uses his little pillow on top of it for now but I’m hoping it’s the start of the transition away from having alllll his “friends”
- Kye likes to read along with me now when I read stories to Britt. Here is a video of him reading along with me! And you can see the DRAMA of story reading with two kids haha
- He told me “Mommy. You are so sweet! So I’m going to be selfish” haha obviously, he doesn’t know the definition of selfish yet!
- One thing he started doing that I don’t like is saying “I don’t love you” when he gets upset. He especially said it about Zach a lot. If Zach told him to do or not to do something and it upset Kye he’d be so quick to say “I don’t love Daddy”
- When he gets in trouble he has started to come to us on his own later to apologize. It is PRECIOUS to hear him do that and know that it’s weighing heavy on his heart. He also will ask if God is mad at him for making bad choices (of course I tell him that God loves him no matter what and forgives him no matter what just like Mommy and Daddy do!)
- When he races he will say “you can’t catch me, I’m a coconut tree!”
- For the first time in his LIFE Kye has started being more reserved around new people. I cannot stand the term “shy” as I just try hard not to label children, ya know? But it will take him a little bit to warm up to someone new now
- Kye will itch his butt kinda often? We realized he isn’t wiping himself good enough so we’ll wipe after he does just to make sure he gets it all
- He started talking kinda funny for a little bit this month. Like instead of saying “Four” it sounded like “faaaaah” Zach was very concerned about the regression in his speech. I googled it and found that it often happens in a preschool setting because he probably has a couple kids in his class that aren’t as development in their speaking abilities. Dropping the “r” sound is actually very common. I just ignored it and he went back to speaking like normal!
- He accidentally tripped and fell on Brittlynn and BAWLED his eyes out b/c he was so so worried that he had hurt her!
- I’ve seen a development in his problem solving skills. For example…if he puts on his shirt the wrong way he won’t get upset about it and will instead figure out on his own how to fix it
- Speaking of not getting upset…he also is doing much better about not getting upset when he spills milk or other things on accident
- Overall his “ocdness” qualities have REALLY died down. He is much more flexible and no longer has to say a certain thing at a certain time or do things in a certain order.
- Our rule with the Halloween candy was that he could have 1 piece each day after nap as long as he was SILENT during nap time. It has gone wonderfully! He never, ever calls out at all during naps anymore. When he does he understands that if he is loud that he won’t get a snack from the box and he’ll tell me when I go in to wake him up. He’ll say “I don’t get that snack today, do I Mommy?”
- We sing and dance constantly and I found a channel on our tv that plays kids songs. Here’s a video of Kye breaking it down.
- He is very interested in learning the “why” behind everything. I have heard other parents dread this phase but I don’t mind it. I try my best to answer all of his questions to the best of my ability, as does Zach. I guess one day Kye asked Zach about where the poop goes when we flush the potty because he told me at nap “I flush the potty and the poop goes to visit his family inside the wall…” it was a five minute long explanation and he showed me the pipe that connects the toilet to the wall and everything…
- We read Love You Forever before his nap one day and when I went to kiss him goodnight he (all on his own) held me, rocked me, and sang it. It was SO SWEET!
- Started saying “excellent” for everything. He also started saying “actually” a lot.
- When we talk about Christmas Kye says he wants to buy me a necklace, bracelet and a princess dress
- He LOVES to make up stories to share with me. He will tell me “Mommy. This story was on my heart and I need to tell you about it”
- His imagination is really developing and he’s into “pretend play” much more. When we read stories he’ll point to the characters and say “that’s you Mommy” or “that’s me!”
- He also loves to reminisce and talk about when he was an “old boy” haha
- Zach loves to cook ribs and omg our kids LOVE them. Kye tears ’em up and we started saying “its the ribs baby” (here’s a video)
- Kye asked to watch Lion King for his movie time and cried during the Mufasa scene. It broke my heart to see him so upset and to have such an understanding as to what was happening.
- He started playing with his stuffed Goofy a lot and trading him out for Jingle during stories
- He and Zach wrestle a lot and Kye randomly started trash talking and saying “cancel the show!” We died laughing!
- Every night on the way to the bathroom for bath time the kids “race” They both LOVE it! Here’s a video!
- At night he stopped saying “make sure the dogs don’t bark” but started saying that it’s too dark in his room. I always explain to him that God made night time for us to go to sleep and that EVERYONE is asleep in the dark just like he is. It works fine!
- He remembered the cardboard house we made for him last year when Britt was born. When we threw it away we told him it was a special Christmas house…he asked me about it and asked if he could have it back because Christmas is coming! This child’s memory is something else!
- We love to sing ALL the time at our house. We were singing “Oh Christmas Tree” and Kye said he wanted to sing a different song so he sang “Oh Disney World. Oh Disney World. How I miss you so”
Goodness I can't keep up with these. I read the whole thing! The only thing that sticks out is the talking weird. A while ago Macy was talking like a baby and I realized it was from Roly Poly Oly the little sister talks that way. Thats a TV show on Disney Jr. since I know 1 you are to cheap for the extra channel and 2 you don't watch tv anyway. 😀