March was a SUPER busy, full month (obviously since it’s now mid-May and I’m still finishing up with March!) so there isn’t much to include in the kids summary posts this time around! Between Kye’s party, his growth concerns, my foot issues, swim lessons, and potty training Britt I didn’t take many extra pictures or videos…sorry kids Mama was just trying to SURVIVE!
Kye was SUPER pumped about his firetruck birthday party this month and it made planning it and throwing it so rewarding for me! He played a big role in helping get everything ready and enjoyed “reading” off the directions to me about how to make his birthday cupcakes 😉
He was also very excited for Easter. Holidays are just SO FUN with a preschooler! Babies are boring for holidays b/c they just kinda lay there, toddlers are tough because they are into everything and don’t really appreciate the effort. They’d rather eat the Easter eggs and just rip into the Birthday Presents 😉 But preschoolers? They are FUN. Kye enjoys putting up decorations. Gets excited about upcoming events. Truly ENJOYS all the holiday festivities! I LOVE this age 🙂
I have never taken my kids grocery shopping with me. Kye has gone to run some quick grocery errands and Britt has gone a couple times with Zach to pick up a few things, but never for my BIG monthly trip. I only grocery shop once a month and require two shopping cards filled to the brim to go to the car…there’s just no way I could even fit a child with me. Plus it takes me roughly 2 hours to do the shopping and there’s no way I could expect my children to deal with that! This month Britt’s swim was canceled one day due to a pool poop incident from another swimmer so rather than take the kids home and wait for Zach to get home to go back to the store for my monthly trip, I just went ahead and took them with me then he met me there. We got there, grabbed the BOGO deals, then headed straight for the free cookies 😉 Zach ended up getting there a few minutes after we got the treats, and I was a little disappointed that he made it there so quickly. I was kinda looking forward to their company for a bit 🙂
This month Kye asked quite often to skip our game night time and instead have more extra free play but with US rather than solo or with Britt. Part of me doesn’t really like this as I think game time together is important quality time but another part of me understands his desire to play with his toys where he wants to without worrying about little sister coming and “messing it up” or having to share with her. I get it. So we allowed it from time to time! His favorite thing to do with Daddy was set up his army men 🙂
He asked me to take a picture of his tower for Buzz and Woody 😉
I have such WONDERFUL memories as a kid dressing up with my brother and putting on “shows” for our family. While Kye isn’t quite as into it as we were yet, he’s def getting there and it’s SO FUN to sit and watch the things he comes up with and hear all of his silly songs. And it’s even more adorable how involved Britt is with everything!
My brother and I 🙂
Here’s a video of one of their performances (with a hilarious ending…)
For Kye’s Birthday he got a pedal tricycle bike and I have taken him out a couple times to try and ride it. I guess we’re just not really “bike” people? I couldn’t even figure out HOW to teach him to do it haha. It is in our list of “goals for the summer” as I do think he should learn how to ride it, it’s just not really a priority for me? I’d rather spend our outside time doing other things for sure! But he’s eager to learn!
Playing with the bell was more fun than riding the bike haha
Another fond childhood memory was brought back to me this month when Kye and I found a HUGE grasshopper in the driveway. I remember as a kid trying to catch them in my hands and feeling them jump around! I am ALL about hands on stuff with animals. Maybe I don’t like bikes, but I love me some bugs 😉 We picked him up and helped move him to a plant so he could have a home!
And we found a pretty flower in the process which Kye wanted to pick but I didn’t let him 😉
Kye also really enjoys playing in Britt’s room with her toys and especially “cooking” food and playing “doctor” Her poor baby doll always seems to be sick!
Being a bossy brother 😉
As Britt gets older, their bond only continues to strengthen and they just have SO much fun together. She truly does idolize her big brother and will copy everything he does. It’s adorable and so sweet and he is so patient with her! I LOVE my babies!
March was a “spoil Kye” month for sure. Zach and I both had a lot of concerns about his growth delay situation. It made us look at Kye a little differently during that time of “not knowing” what was going on. We wanted to just hold him and protect him and give him the WORLD. We couldn’t quite give him the world but we did put forth extra effort to spending quality time with him as much as possible. I just wanted to soak up every precious second just in case something was seriously wrong (praise the Lord for our great follow up visit!) so we would have these great memories to draw from in times of concern or worry. Kye didn’t mind the spoiling one bit, that’s for sure! He got to go golfing with Zach more than one time…
Z took these with his phone 😉
Showing how far Kye hit the ball!
And he got to go bowling for a guy’s night one night with Daddy, Jordan, Big Papa and Trey!
And he and I even hit up The Mix one night after Britt was in the bed. We were eating ice cream at HIS bed time! Such rebels 😉
I am SO thankful for my amazingly wonderful son and we are SO blessed to call him ours 🙂
Stuff Kye was up to this month:
- Zach was getting onto me about Britt’s diaper pail being left open and the dog getting into it and Kye said “DADDY! Focus on GOD!” 😉 Def made us stop bickering for sure haha
- We talked about death this month and had a longer discussion about it. He cried about dying and I tried to make it a POSITIVE thing and that we get to go to Heaven and that Heaven is a perfect place, etc but he said “Death isn’t happy Mommy and when I die I’m gonna cry. A LOT.”
- He LOVES the Mighty Machines movies still and quotes them constantly. Which is so, so random. He will do the quotes and crack himself up. I can just see he and Zach going to go see comedy movies together in the future and constantly repeating movie lines 😉
- He calls s’mores “snores” and when we were having our camp out he said “this s’more is LEGIT!”
- He has a southern accent I guess? I mean I hear him all the time so I don’t really notice it but Zach says that Kye and I both have “country tourettes” where we will talk normal most of the time but then randomly say some SUPER country sounding words 😉
- We have decided that Kye is def more like my temperament and Britt is more like Zach’s. I took this video of both of their video monitors while they were awake in the their beds at the end of naptime. Kye was laying perfectly still just talking to himself and Britt was ALL over the place! High energy like her Daddy while Kye is laid back like his Mama.