I work with several companies and links to any products within posts are affiliate.
Majority of you were not around for my pregnancy with Kye so I’ll fill you in. We do NOT find out about the sex 🙂 We didn’t know what Kye would be until he was born and we didn’t share our name choices either (In fact, if #2 is a girl we are using the same girl name we had picked for Kye…and no one knows it!). Keeping the sex a surprise is SO fun. There are downsides (no clothes shopping be the biggest one) but overall I think there are more pros than cons.
Pros of Keeping the Sex a Surprise:
- People can’t buy you clothes so they get you stuff you ACTUALLY need!!! (and you’re not stuck with a bunch of ugly clothes you don’t really like haha)
- There are SO few surprises left in this world, why not enjoy a little surprise when you can?
- People get SO much more excited when the baby is here b/c they are DYING to know what you’re having
- It makes the moment the baby comes out so special b/c you get to hear the dr say “It’s a…..!”
- By keeping the name a surprise too you don’t get a MILLION opinions about it. Once the baby is here, that’s its name and people won’t complain as much if they don’t like it b/c they know it won’t be changing 🙂
I know many people keep their first a surprise but find out with the second. Which makes sense. And we talked about it. I mean there isn’t a ton of baby stuff we need this time around so getting clothes would actually be fun. And it would be nice for Kye to be able to practice the baby’s name and such. But overall, we’d rather be surprised. The baby sleeps in a bassinet in our room for the first 6 weeks anyways so I plan to pick out both boy and girl themed nursery stuff then just order it all when I get home from the hospital. The rooms already painted so we don’t have to mess with that 🙂 Also our moms LOVED going shopping together when Kye arrived to pick out lots of cute boy things and that’s a tradition they want to do again this time around 🙂 Plus if #2 is a boy I can see people asking what I’m having and me saying “another boy” and them not being over-joyed for me about it. When I hear people are having “another whatever” I am not as pumped for them b/c I know they were hoping for the opposite sex ya know?
Another thing many of you probably don’t know is that up until Kye arrived in the world we called him Clover. I felt like the baby needed a nickname for people to call it until we would know who the little one was and Katie came up with the nickname Clover since Kye was due near St. Patrick’s Day. It’s funny b/c MANY people asked me if we were going to nickname this baby. Um…DUH! 🙂 With me being due in December, there are SO many fun Christmas-themed nicknames to choose from! And it’s hilarious b/c I got the strangest looks from people when I called my baby “Clover” and when he was born tons of people thought that was his name. Haha!
This is where we need your help!!!! I am not creative and extremely in-decisive so I thought it’d be fun to let all of YOU come up with what we will call baby #2 until it arrives! Zach and I are going away together Monday (for something SO awesome…post to come for SURE about it!!!!) and I think it’d be fun to get to read over your suggestions together on our way home on Tuesday. So between now and Monday night please help us out!!! Here’s the rules:
- Leave a comment ON THIS BLOG ENTRY (I just know a bunch of people will comment on facebook and it won’t count) telling me ONE nickname for our baby – I’m assuming it’ll be Christmas related, but it doesn’t have to be
- You may suggest more than one name, but put each nickname in a different comment to make it easier for me!
- You may also comment a nickname that someone else suggested, however the credit will go to the person who suggested that name FIRST
- I’ll be reading through them around 9 AM EST on TUESDAY April 26th so it’d be great if everyone could have their ideas posted by then 🙂
- Whoever suggests the nickname we choose will win a $20 TARGET GIFTCARD!!! (everyone loves a fun prize right???) Plus you have the honor of seeing me refer to my unborn child as the name you picked! I know that right there is all the prize you’d need 😉
I’m excited to see what you guys come up with and even more excited to be able to call this baby something other than baby #2!!!
Rate This Post:
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!