I work with several companies and links to any products within posts are affiliate.
I love having goals! Every New Years since I was young I’ve made a list of goals to try to achieve for that new year. It’s a great way to really look at myself and areas in which I need to improve. It seems like every year the list just gets longer, and this year is no different. Here are the things I’m hoping to achieve in 2012 (of course they are in totally random order)!
- READ the BIBLE both on my own and as a family
- Spend smart
- Continue having a giving spirit, but don’t let people take advantage of it either
- Lose all baby weight and look as good as possible for Casey’s wedding
- Raise Brittlynn, to the best of my abilities, like she is a “first born” baby
- Use our timeshare trips!
- Even after losing baby weight, continue with Weight Watchers lifestyle
- Focus on quality time with Zach, even if it’s just watching tv together at home
- Don’t spend so much time “plugged in” especially with my phone – it’s there for my convenience not the callers (or “texters”)
- Start walking again and try to do it a couple times a week
- Go on a family trip where the kids get to fly in a plane
- Put Brittlynn’s schedule second only to worshiping the Lord!
- Help Kye to know all of his colors and with letter and number recognition
- Have company over more often, host events
- Have patience with Kye and focus on spending quality time with him
- Manage LLC effectively and keep all bills and such organized
- Remember that it’s okay to say no
- Support Zach with work and be his biggest cheerleader
- Have Kye learn stroke swimming by the end of the year
- Blog regularly, do my best to stay current
- Do a better job with brushing Kye’s teeth twice a day and washing his hands after going potty
- Choose to be happy each and every day
- Be a living example of Christ and His love for us
- Take the kids outside to play on a regular basis
- Be optimistic, don’t complain
- Spend less time focusing on the people in my life that “should” care about me yet don’t and more time focusing on those that don’t have to care yet do
- Discipline with love, never anger
- Pray multiple times a day and truly have a conversation with God
- Don’t lay out in the sun so often and when I do wear sunscreen EVERY time
- Breastfeed Brittlynn until her first birthday
- Swim more often
- Get my skin in the condition I really want it to be in – get melasma handled
- Encourage other mothers and be a source of help for them on their parenting journey
- Try my best to stay current on facebook photo uploads
- Go visit Dad more often and make more of an effort to stay in touch with him
- Take the kids to see snow for the first time
- Have special time with each child individually
- Continue to pay down debts
- Put Zach’s happiness before my own
- Make some dang blog books!!!
- Keep my car clean
- Get back going with Stella and Dot
- Focus on living a full life and making wonderful memories
- Be a good friend, especially to those that are such good friends to me!
- By the end of the year have the outside of the house complete: stain fence, stone around back, stain porch, plants in back, oak tree in front, front porch done, pool furniture, playground, bench storage, and back porch furniture
- Cherish the wonderful moments of motherhood and don’t beat myself up when things don’t go my way
- Reach out to people who aren’t baptized believers, especially those closest to me
- Do a better job of making sure Kye has vegetables for at least lunch and dinner
- Be company ready at all times…with a clean home and presentable appearance
- Back up all pictures and important computer files
- Keep growing and learning in all areas of life – as a wife, mother, and daughter to God
- Try to take the kids somewhere at least once a month so they can be well traveled
I’d love to hear some of your goals for this new year…any big ones??? Any of the same ones I have? I’m SO excited about 2012 and all that we have planned. It’s going to be another wonderful year for the Parker family 🙂
Rate This Post:
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!