We got SO many Christmas cards this year! I always love getting them but this year each card was even more special to me. Since we didn’t get to do much decorating for Christmas I didn’t feel like it was even Christmas time but each day when I checked the mail I got a little dose of Christmas spirit! Thank you to each of you who sent us a card, they were ALL appreciated 🙂 I thought it’d be a fun blog tradition to scan all the photo Christmas cards to give you a shout-out (I mean Christmas cards ain’t cheap so they deserve a little love don’tcha think?). Want to pick a favorite???
1. Our precious niece and nephew
2. part of our church family and, yup, he’s the Sheriff
3. our adorable second cousin (if we weren’t related I’d totally hook her up with Kye)
4. The Colson’s who I hope to get to know better this year
5. my brother and his wife (okay, not legit brother but we’ve always included him as family)
6. I think it’s cute that the grandparents used pics of their grandsons on the card don’t you? I can see Mom having a pic of her and Kye next year!
7. Yes, she’s famous (well at least on this blog!) this is Stacy as in the Stacy who is my midwife 🙂
8. gotta love a first Christmas one (here’s Michelle’s blog)
9. more church friends with their sweet two daughters
10. I love the ones with Santa don’t you?
11. Their daddy is a photographer so, duh, the card is adorable
12. my neices! Julia and Anne looking soooo grown up (sorry it’s not straight, I’m not a pro at the scanning thing)
13. blog friends turn into real friends (here’s Kim’s blog) 🙂
14. This one took me a second to figure out when I opened it but it’s friends of Zach’s since childhood whom I’ve never actually met but feel like I already know
15. I love when people send REAL cards but include a 4×6 picture! The Starr family who I also hope to get to know better this year
16. Dr. Eaves, one of our favorite college professors, sent a card with his daughters on it
17. my cousin with her husband and daughter (she’s Uncle Spear and Aunt Cheryl’s daughter and Madison, her daughter, was our flower girl!)
18. Claire!!! I LOVE the idea of the save-the-date as a Christmas card, I got it on my calendar and we will be there!
19. the always artsy Megow family 🙂
20. SUCH a cute idea Danielle!!!
21. I can’t wait until next Christmas to see their little BOY featured on their Christmas card, right Ashley?
22. Kye’s lady Lorelai (here’s Robyn’s Blog which she swears she’ll be updating soon)
23. This is one of my favorites, I love Brandi’s outfit and Bailey (the little girl) looks adorable with Santa
24. first Christmas as newlyweds for Devan and Taylor!
25. one of my fellow bridesmaids in Brandon and Chrissy’s wedding
26. Aren’t these little kiddos precious? Chelsea you make cute kids…have some more (and yes, the two on the ends are boy/girl twins!!!)!
27. I love reconnecting with high school friends thanks to blogging (here’s Megan’s blog)
28. I expected a cute family picture and, of course, I wasn’t disappointed Liz (sorry guys her blog is private!)
29. My cousin Jason and his girl Liz…she was also a bridesmaid in Brandon and Chrissy’s wedding and they are the CUTEST couple ever!!!
30. Duh, the Green family would have a cool Christmas card 🙂
31. I get pumped to get a card from the Murphey’s each Christmas. I miss Madelyn and Candler VERY much and I cannot believe how grown up they are getting (yes, my Candler is named after this Candler). No matter how old they get they will always be my “kids” 🙂
32. Love that Missy included a letter with her card to fill us all in on what they’ve been up to this year
33. The Ford Family, looking adorable as usual
34. Our new Aflac buddies Mike and Whitney!
We also got several real Christmas cards and I want to thank: Dorothy Fendley, Roger and Becky Mullican, Aralee and Brandon Smith, Bob and Bobbi Petty, Uncle Chip and Aunt Michele, Aunt Cheryl (tough not to see Uncle Spear’s name beside hers 🙁 ), Auntie Gretchen, Dad and Audrey, Danny and Lisa Pool, Cleta Colson, Amanda and Chris Rawlins, Bonnie and Victor, Aunt Donna, Josh and Danielle Eckerle, Mr. Bill and Mrs. Jerene Lee, Delores and Bill Parrish, DeAnn Bohm, Grammie and Pop-Pop Nostrand, Kathy Hobart, and Auntie Amy and Uncle Joe!
I would like to always have a holiday type of picture for our card but there just wasn’t time this year. So I went back to the pictures we took in September for Kye’s 18 month photo shoot with Captured by Colson and I think they turned out pretty cute! I had a TON of coupons from Shutterfly and ended up getting them for $0.33 a piece…not bad…except that I ended up sending out 200 of them! I honestly needed more so I plan to get at least 225 next year. If you thought you’d be getting one and didn’t PLEASE send me your address so I can have you on my list for next year!!!
Can’t wait to hear which ones were some of your favs! It may be Jan but on this blog we’ll be in Dec for awhile 😉