I work with several companies and links to any products within posts are affiliate.
Brittlynn turned 5 months old on May 6th. These are probably my favorite monthly pictures yet, you can really see her little personality starting to blossom! If you like her monthly stickers, I ordered them from this shop through Etsy! If you have a new baby girl or are pregnant with one and like mine I’d be happy to send them to you! I’ve kept every one each month…just let me know and I can go ahead and mail you the first 6 months worth 🙂 As always, I’m using What To Expect The First Year to see how Brittlynn matches up with the average baby her age!
At five months old Brittlynn can do all the things a baby her age should be able to do including:
- hold head steady when upright
- on stomach, raise chest, supported by arms
- pay attention to an object as small as a raisin
- squeal in delight
- reach for an object
- smile spontaneously
- smile back when you smile
- grasp a rattle held to backs or tips of fingers
- keep head level with body when pulled to sitting
She can also do all the things a five month old will probably be able to do including:
- roll over at least one way
- bear some weight on legs
- say “ah-goo” or similar vowel-consonant combinations
- razz (make wet razzing sound)
- turn in the direction of a voice
She cannot yet do the one thing that babies her age may possibly be able to do and that’s sit unsupported (at least I didn’t even attempt it this month haha the first time I tried it the following month she did it, I just never thought to try! Oops!)
Brittlynn can do most of the things a baby her age may even be able to do including:
- stand holding onto someone or something (only someone at this point)
- object if you try to take a toy away
- work to get a toy out of reach
- pass a cube or other object from one hand to another
- look for dropped object
Somethings she cannot yet do from the may even be able to do category include:
- pull up to standing position from sitting
- rake with fingers a tiny object and pick it up in fist (ummm why would I allow tiny objects near her?!?!)
- babble, combining vowels and consonants such as ga-ga-ga, ba-ba-ba, ma-ma-ma, da-da-da
this totally looks like a “poop face” doesn’t it? haha
The rest of this chapter didn’t mention anything of interest for me. A lot of it discussed feeding baby solids and I’m not starting that with Brittlynn until six months old…and when I do I plan to use a different feeding method than baby food/spoon feeding. I’m pretty anxious about it!!!
It also talked a lot about proper high chairs and other feeding safety, which I already know as well as how to introduce the sippy cup. I can’t BELIEVE she’s almost old enough to be drinking from a sippy! With Kye, the Take and Toss brand seemed to be the easiest for him to use (no handles at all) so I plan to start her on those, also around 6 months old. Looks like June will be a big month for her!
Enjoy the rest of the cute pics of Brittlynn celebrating her 5 Months!
So blessed to have such a precious little girl to call my own 🙂 You can look back at Kye’s 5th month post here!