This is Britt’s summary from April!
This month, as I mentioned in Kye’s post, we started having the dogs stay outside during the day. It worked out where the kids also wanted to sleep with them at night. Britt is SO CUTE with Sadie! Sadie has slept with me for the past 14 years so it’s precious to me to pass the torch to Britt 🙂
See that white blob on the pillow beside Britt? Yup, Sadie makes herself at home!
Randomly this month Britt had rosy cheeks. At first I thought maybe she had just gotten hot as Kye would often get that rosy look from heat. But it kept lingering and I finally realized it was fifths disease. Once the rash shows up it’s not contagious and it faded quickly and only stayed on her cheeks. Kye got it the next week and his lasted MUCH longer. And it was weird b/c the rash moved. It was on his face then torso then limbs and even ended up on hands before fading away!
Zach worked on a project in our kitchen this month: he put up back splash! Yay! Britt is SUCH a helper. She loves to help and truly enjoys participating in whatever we’re doing! She has such a kind heart!
She is always the first to ask “how can I help?” and she jumps right in! She helped G-Mama at dinner one night by filling the glasses with ice for everyone!
Britt is becoming more and more independent. She now asks to brush her hair on her own 🙂
When she brushes my hair though it’s the best 🙂
Britt may be growing up in a lot of ways, but she is still THE messiest eater! Child comes home from school wearing her snack (and I know her teachers try to encourage clean eating) and is the person in our house that requires the most spray and wash on her laundry prior to washing 🙂 I can just see her on a date someday asking the poor guy for help wiping off her face and hands 😉
I always think back to my concerns about Britt’s ability to sit still. She has her daddy’s and g-mama’s energy for SURE but she is so, so good at concentrating and sitting for long periods of time. When she chooses activities they are usually ones that are simple and require sitting. She finally even asks to color and is COLORING rather than scribbling! She’s very heavy handed with her crayons and I remember being the same way. My pictures as a kid were very DARK because I pressed so hard!
Britt loves reading the same books over and over. Kye is at an age where he doesn’t enjoy the repetition like he did as a smaller child and it’s one of those difficult parts of having multiple children. I don’t let Britt pick the same movie over and over b/c I understand Kye’s frustration with that (because, hello, I sat through Cars about a BILLION times myself when he was that age!) but I do let her choose the same books to read. Books are short and Kye can be patient. We just remind him that we read the same books to him a thousand times too!
Britt is also getting better and better with playing games. I miss out on game time in the evenings due to nursing Tess but I can hear Britt enjoying being part of the fun with Kye and Zach. She’s a great sport and never minds losing 🙂
We are very much in full on hardcore princess dress up mode. Britt loves all things girly and fun and she’s starting to want to look like a princess in more ways than just the dress she has on: she’s asking me to do her HAIR. Yikes. I feel confident in MANY areas of my parenting…but hair? Nope. Not my skill set. I did attempt a french braid for her rapunzel look! haha!
I love all aspects of being a mother. I adore staying home with my children each day. I love the quiet moments spent nursing Tess. And I would be SO honored if my girls grow up wanting to follow in my footsteps. It makes my heart SO happy to see Britt with her baby dolls and hear her mimic the things I do and say with her. She never uses her baby bottles because her babies drink milk from mommy, just like Tess does 🙂 Tell me this is not SO PRECIOUS?!?!? We were both nursing our babies at the same time!
Something I love about Britt is her fun spirit. She’s just naturally hilarious! I will talk like I’m a stuffed animal and she will just talk and talk and interact with the stuffed animal like it’s legit talking. If I stop she’ll ask me to keep going 🙂
While she has that fun, silly side…Britt can put on the pout face in a heartbeat.
More about Britt:
- She constantly says “told ya” to us even if it doesn’t make any sense to say it
- Britt goes down for nap at 1 but will resist falling asleep (this has been happening since she weaned from finger sucking!) and typically won’t fall asleep until closer to 2
- Britt gets CRUNK about Tess dropping her sippy off her high chair. She gets mega stern and says “TESS. KEEP IT ON THE TRAY!” I think she likes having someone to get on to 😉
- She doesn’t want Tess touching or playing with her things and will say “no no no Tess”
- She’s getting better at eating faster because she’s learned that if she finishes eating, she’ll have more time to play
- She told me one day “I need my lipstick!!!” it cracked me up and I have no clue where she heard it? I don’t wear lipstick ever and if I do I call it chapstick. Maybe G-Mama?
- Britt may be a sllllllow eater but omg the girl is the world’s fastest pooper. She is QUICK
- All of her baby dolls are named Tessley Capri
- We moved her seat at the dinner table. She was sitting on the end and Kye sits on the bench but now they sit across from each other. It’s been a great move as there have been less bickering issues with some separation between them!
- Britt is a child who likes to see her siblings get in trouble. She’s always quick to tell me that Tess and Kye need spankings.
- Britt’s spankings are most often due to respect issues right now. She struggles with doing what I say. For example. If I say “it’s time to go potty before bed, say yes ma’am” she will instead whine and complain and cry and say “I’m not sleepy.” OR she will make a rude sound and refuse to go to the bathroom. I am just staying consistent and I know she’ll eventually learn that she’s not in charge, mommy is.
- G-Mama got her some Frozen panties for Easter and Britt LOVES them. She put on her Elsa panties and said “Yikes! My hiney is frozen!” bahaha
- Not a day goes by when Britt doesn’t change shoes at least 3 times. I will just randomly see her wearing different shoes. Shoes are her THING (which is interesting as, just like with the lipstick, I personally am not a shoe person. Even prior to my foot issues, I’ve never been into shoes).
- Britt loves to be in the mix with everyone and can’t stand to miss out. I’ve been trying to send her to her room more often and use isolation as a discipline tool. Britt is a very emotional person (more so than just “the average girl emotional”) and she will pitch a fit like no one’s business at the drop of a hat. I’m working on sending her straight to her room when she starts pitching the fits. It seems to help her calm down faster. The only issue is she will SCREAM when I send her there which then will wake Tess up if she’s napping.
- Britt may have her moments at home but at school her teacher told me she always stays on task, is a great listener and is more reserved!
- Britt stopped sleeping with Mimi this month (her sheep). She asked to instead sleep with her baby doll. I guess she’s more of an attachment style, co-sleeping parent 😉
- Britt has been working on her books of the bible!
- Favorite thing in the playroom is to have us swing her!
Anytime I take any pictures of Tess, Britt wants to have pictures taken of her too. This has been a nice change since usually Britt is my toughest one when it comes to picture taking! Now we just need to work on that camera smile 🙂
I took a pic of Tess’s new teeth and Britt wanted one of her teeth too bahaha
My big girl!