I work with several companies and links to any products within posts are affiliate.
Today is the second day of our breastfeeding topic for Babywise Friendly Blog Network week! I love this topic and love that we’re all discussing it from different perspectives.
Both Christine from Christine Keys and Kim from Team Cartwright are spotlight bloggers today. First up Christine is touching on the whole “breast is best” movement and how it’s not the best and how that phrase should be retired! You can read her entire post here!
Then we have Kim discussing the differences in breastfeeding twins vs a single baby. How society views it and what expectations are placed on a mother feeding her babies. I love this quote from her post:
“I think the differences between how we treat moms who want to nurse a singleton and those who want to nurse twins show us that we don’t need to take an all or nothing approach to breastfeeding. We can teach mothers about the benefits of breastfeeding. Education is important, and I know as a mother I wanted to do what was best for my babies. But while we do that, we can also be understanding of mother’s who can’t or don’t want to nurse. We can admit that formula is a very important advancement, and it does not harm children or make you a worse mother. You can even do both without causing harm. “
You can read the rest of her post here 🙂
Be sure to visit all of the Babywise Bloggers this week to find breastfeeding related content that you’ll relate to, appreciate, and enjoy:
- Chronicles of a Babywise Mom – How I Breastfed For 12 Months Even When Everything Went Wrong (Monday)
- Christine Keys – This Is Why Breast Isn’t Best (Tuesday)
- Team Cartwright – What Twins Can Teach Us About Breastfeeding Attitudes (Tuesday)
- Mama’s Organized Chaos – (Wednesday)
- Let’s Be Brave – (Wednesday)
- Twin Mom and More – (Thursday)
- Wiley Adventures – (Thursday)
- The Journey of Parenthood – (Friday)