Today’s second spotlight blogger is Carrie, from Wiley Adventures. I gain SO much parenting tips and advice from fellow bloggers and her post today is a great one. It’s about how their family handles toddler tantrums by using a Happy Heart Rug.
Such a simple and genius idea! Like Carrie, we often use the term “happy heart” in our home. I couldn’t have said this better myself: “We use the term “happy heart” a lot in our house. Because we do want to teach our kids that they can CHOOSE to have a happy heart. Specifically in regards to obedience. We teach them to obey “Right away, all the way, with a happy heart”. Most tantrums happen in this obedience cycle. You ask your child to do something that they don’t want to do so they throw a fit.”
Be sure to read Carrie’s full post here!
And check in this week with all of the Babywise Friendly Blog Network:
- Monday – How to Correct Your Preteen – Valerie – Chronicles of a Babywise Mom
- Monday – How to Solve the “Wise in Their Own Eyes” Problem – Natasha – Let’s Be Brave
- Tuesday – Kimberly – Intentional Parenting: How Our Beliefs and Goals Shape Our Parenting Decisions – Team Cartwright
- Tuesday – 5 Ways to Teach Children Kindness – Caitlin – Rogers Party of 5
- Wednesday – How to Give Instructions to Your Toddler & Achieve Successful Results – Katrina – Mama’s Organized Chaos
- Thursday – Self-Control is a Base Virtue – Cole – Twinning Babywise
- Thursday – Temper Tantrums and the Happy Heart Rug – Carrie – Wiley Adventures
- Friday – How to Teach Your Children Self Control – Emily – The Journey of Parenthood