Today is the third day of our breastfeeding series and we have to spotlight bloggers for the day.
First up is Katrina from Mama’s Organized Chaos and she’s sharing the Advantages of Breastfeeding on a Schedule. A common myth surrounding breastfeeding is that you can’t do nurse and have your baby on any sort of sleep schedule. I’m one of many examples that you CAN do both! My supply never had any issues while having my babies on sleep schedules and I’m a firm believer that you can do both and do both successfully.
I love this quote from Katrina’s post: “I cannot say enough good things about using schedules while breastfeeding. Without the use of schedules, I honestly don’t think I would have kept up with breastfeeding. It’s hard to give up your body for someone else to just use as they please.”
Be sure to read the rest of her post here!
Natasha from Let’s Be Brave is sharing about how to survive the first few weeks of breastfeeding. Those early newborn days of nursing are SO HARD and I think it’s so important to be open and honest about that. Most moms struggle and if we shared more about it then I think it would help encourage other new moms who feel overwhelmed and liked they must be doing something wrong when nursing doesn’t come easy!
You can read her full post here and I encourage you to share it with your pregnant friends!
Also be sure to visit all the fellow Babywise Bloggers this week for more on this topic:
- Chronicles of a Babywise Mom – How I Breastfed For 12 Months Even When Everything Went Wrong (Monday)
- Christine Keys – This Is Why Breast Isn’t Best (Tuesday)
- Team Cartwright – What Twins Can Teach Us About Breastfeeding Attitudes (Tuesday)
- Mama’s Organized Chaos – (Wednesday)
- Let’s Be Brave – How To Survive The First Few Months of Breastfeeding (Wednesday)
- Twin Mom and More – The Realities of Exclusively Pumping (Thursday)
- Wiley Adventures – (Thursday)
- The Journey of Parenthood – (Friday)