Links to Amazon are affiliate links.
I know I said the giveaway would end Sunday…but those of you who entered late just got lucky 🙂 The winner of the high chair cover and bib is:
I liked your facebook page and GrubbyBubbys facebook page too!
Kaitlin please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org! I need your home address so I can ship everything to you! Thank you to all who participated. I’m working to get some more giveaways coming up soon 🙂 And thanks again to Grubby Bubby for sponsoring!!!
Brittlynn has been waaaaaay off on all of her pediatrician visits. Thankfully, the 9 month one is a chance to get back on track 🙂 Since she didn’t have shots they were able to schedule it closer to her 6 month appointment even though her 6 month one was so late.
Touch and feel books saved the day!
Of course this visit I was mostly concerned with her stats…with her drop in percentiles last appointment I’d been anxious to see where she’d be at now. She is 28.5 inches long (75th percentile), 17.14 lbs (25th percentile) and her head is 16.5 inches around (10th percentile). Her last appointment was on July 19th so it’d been close to two months and during that time period she grew an inch and a half (which seems like a TON to me?!?!), her head stayed exactly the same, and she gained only 11 oz. I was pretty sure I was going to hear Kelly give me a lecture of some kind or show concern for her growth. But she didn’t! When she came in the room Brittlynn was all over the place. Crawling, pulling up to standing, cruising, etc. So right away Kelly said she could see that she’s just burning calories like crazy! She told me not to be concerned about any of it and just to keep doing what I’m doing. Looks like we have a long, lean baby 😉 I feel like though when you look at her she does NOT look skinny like her stats would make you believe she is. I mean girl has some chunky chunk on those thighs and quite the little tummy too! I feel like they don’t represent her very well but I watched them weigh her myself, it’s true. I do think the height may be a little off??? I mean that’s a LOT of growth in such a short time…but her little head is also close to the top of her car seat and the length requirement for that is under 30 inches, so she could be that long.
Here’s other stuff we discussed:
- Brittlynn is on track/ahead of the game in all areas of development
- Kelly did say to continue using the Vitamin D drops as they are seeing a TON of kids come in with Vitamin D deficiencies. Since I am so hardcore sunscreen all the time it’s smart to give the supplement (I even mix some in Kye’s smoothies when I make him one!)
- I told her with Britt’s teething that I don’t like to use tylenol and such so I have been giving her two Hyland’s teething tablets before nap or bedtime as needed. They really help knock out that pain so she can sleep but I know they had a recall awhile back so I wanted to make sure she considered them safe. Which she did and said that she agrees they are a better option to medication
- The big discussion we had was about weaning. With Kye I weaned him down to two bottle feedings a day of formula at this age, but with Brittlynn I plan to go until she’s a year old with just nursing. She said to use my frozen breast milk and mix it with whole milk when it’s time to start weaning her and just slowly make it more and more whole milk and less and less breast milk. I still have to wrap my head around all of that…I don’t have much breast milk stored up with her (she drinks more from a bottle than I pump when I miss a feeding so every time I give her a bottle I lose 2-3 oz. Boo!) so I’m not sure how it will all work out. I like a friend’s idea of switching her water sippy at her meals to whole milk when she turns 11 months old so she can get adjusted to it that way then as I cut a nursing session she doesn’t even notice since she will be getting milk at that meal! Pretty cleaver 🙂
- Kelly actually asked me for some advice! We started talking car seats and I mentioned how much research I’ve done so she asked which one she should recommend to people…I plan to fully blog all about that once Britt moves to that seat 🙂 She also gave me some great printouts I plan to include in that post!
Overall it was a pretty smooth appointment. I was able to get Britt home and down for her nap by 10:30 so she was still able to get some rest before we went to pick up Kye from school. Her next appointment isn’t until after her 1st birthday. I’m telling yall…I’m starting to STRESS about this party!!! It’s only like 6 weeks away! I gotta get going on the planning 🙂
Sweet girl almost falling asleep in her car seat 🙂
You can go back and see Britt’s 6 month appointment here. You can also read about Kye’s 9 month appointment here. I love comparing their sizes…Kye’s stats at his 9 month appt were: 21.9 lb (75th percentile), 29 3/4 inches long (90th percentile), and 18 1/8 inches head circumference (75th percentile). She weighs 4 lbs 9 oz less than he did, is 1.25 inches shorter than he was, and her head is 1.63 inches smaller around than his.