I work with several companies and links to any products within posts are affiliate.
Here is where What to Expect the First Year recommends that a 5 month old “should” be at developmentally and here is how Kye stacks up to that right now along with some cute pictures to remember his 5th month by!
Kye can do all of the thigns a five month old “should be doing”:
- hold head steady when upright
- on stomach, raise chest, supported by arms
- pay attention to an object as small as a raisen
- squeal in delight
- reach for an object
- smile spontaneously
- smile back when you smile (love it!)
- grasp a rattle held to the backs or tips of fingers
- keep head level with body when pulled to sitting
- roll over one way
- bear some weight on legs
- say “ah-goo” or similar vowel consonant combinations
- turn in the direction of a voice
- pull up to a standing position from sitting
- stand holding on to someone or something
- work to get a toy out of reach
- look for dropped object
- sit without support (he CAN but not for very long)
- object if you try to take a toy away
- pass a cube or other small object from one hand to the other (he may be able to do this, I’ve never tried)
- rake with fingers a tiny object and pick it up in fist
- babble, combining vowels and consonants such as ga-ga-ga, ba-ba-ba, ma-ma-ma, da-da-da (we’re almost there on this one!)
Rate This Post:
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!