When editing the pictures from the wedding I noticed something that made me sad. Yup, I have my first wrinkles 🙁 They are at the corners of my eyes when I smile. Is that called crow’s feet?!? Whatever they are called, they suck big time!!! It’s just proof that I’m getting older and I don’t like it!!! I’m now on a mission to prevent future wrinkles and make my current ones less noticeable!
On top of wanting to prevent wrinkles I also want to prevent sun damage. My dad has had skin cancer removed multiple times and I don’t want that to be me! I also have noticed that I get spots of darker pigmentation. I went to a dermatologist recently about this (after Kye was born it seriously looked like a I had a MUSTACHE b/c the skin was so dark right there!) and she told me that I have dark skin that gets darker when it’s hot. I’ve always loved my skin color and love that I tan SUPER easy but she said the downside of that is these dark spots will keep coming up and just get worse if I don’t do something about it!
The dermotologist prescribed a cream to me that I put on each night and it’s REALLY working! Already the sun spots I had are disappearing and I haven’t noticed any new ones forming. Yay!
Here is my current skin care routine, I’d LOVE any help that you guys may have in this area! My goal is to keep my skin young looking as long as I can and I know the time for prevention and protection is NOW! There are just TOO many products out there and it stresses me out even trying to understand them all so maybe some of you have some products you love! Or maybe some of the stuff I use will help someone else out 🙂
In the morning:
- wash with Garnier Nutritioniste Gel Cleanser
- apply Clean and Clear Deep Cleaning Astringent
- moisturize/protect with Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Anti Sun SPF 28
- add color with Banana Boat Summer Color Self-Tanning
- then I use Bare Minerals Makeup
- If I’m laying out I put Aveeno SPF 85 on my face for extra protection (it has the active photoberrier complex) and I make sure to wear a sun hat and sunglasses!
- wash with the same cleanser
- use the prescription which is a mixture of these ingredients: tretinoin, hydroquinone, and hydro cortisone
- followed with Olay Age Defying Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream
I think for a 25 year old new mom I do pretty well with taking care of my skin but I’m sure I could do better! Thankfully Zach is pretty supportive of all the money it takes to keep a woman young 🙂 I’m trying to get him to take better care of his skin too but of course he’s not as concerned. Isn’t it unfair how men look GREAT as they age and we just go down hill?!?! Blah!
UPDATE: My mom is here visiting and she informed me that since the wrinkles only are there when I smile that they are laugh lines and not legit wrinkles…yet! So that means someday they will be there whether I smile or not?!?! Yikes!!!!