This was Tess's first month of being TWO. AND she kicked it off with starting school for the first time! It was def an adjustment for her as it's tough for her to leave Mommy but she really likes it and is SO HAPPY when I pick her up. She's also so stinking adorable trying to carry the huge book bag herself!
Her very first piece of school work :)
I love that she only goes to school two mornings a week so I have three mornings a week to enjoy her still and get that one-on-one time together. I also love that she doesn't go on Fridays so we can hit up the Friday Frolic with Carter :)
Tess is in a HUGE puzzle phase which is wonderful! She's gotten SUPER good at getting out a puzzle then putting it away before taking out another one! It's taken some work but now I feel okay letting her in the cabinet by herself ;)
She also still does fabulous at independent playtime in the pack and play. I know I waited a LONG time for room time with Britt and I plan to just keep the pack and play game going as long as possible with Tess too :)
Tess is the kid that clings to me the most but she's also my most independent child yet. She wants to do everything the big kids do and wants to do it HERSELF. It can be a struggle when we are in a hurry or when things are just a bit above her skill level. Practicing that patience ;)
Helping Kye water the plants
Dressing Zeke up in necklaces ;)
Having her first slushie (and it's such a massive cup!!!)
Sitting like a big girl at the bar for breakfast
Tess LOVES to wake up Britt after naps :)
One of those frustrating independent things: insisting on going down the stairs without help
Tess LOVES walks and will get so excited when I say it's walk time!
Grandpa and Grammie brought her a lion and she calls it "Baby Lion" and LOVES IT
More About Tess:
- The first thing she does when she wakes up is cry out for Britt
- She copies EVERYTHING the big kids say
- She knows both the color green and pink
- She often counts backwards usually 5, 4, 3 etc
- She says "thank" for "thank you"
- Tess praying
- Laughing from my hair
- Walking down the hall first day of school
- Another walking to class (that book bag kills me!)
- Tess reading
- School drop off line
- Tess is OBSESSED with brushing her teeth!
- Doing puzzles
- Making silly noises
- Ready to get up!
- Getting Tess up (she throws EVERYTHING out of her crib)
- Walking to school so proud
- More puzzles
- Choosing a puzzle
- Running with Carter at Friday Frolic
- Doing obstacle course at Friday Frolic
- Dancing with Britt
- Blowing air in her face
- Loving on her BFF Zeke
- Another of Tess with Zeke
- And one more of her kissing him ;)
- Fake Sleeping
- Playing with Britt's dollhouse
I found some older pics this month and couldn't get over how Kye's cry face is JUST LIKE TESS'S cry face (and omg Zach and I ARE SO YOUNG)
It's crazy to me to think that THIS is KYE. I think the negative of having lots of kids is it's hard to remember each child individually at certain ages as clearly!
Hello Tess ;) She's def her Mama's child!